Coordinator of Student Engagement
Randolph College seeks an energetic, self-motivated person with a passion for students and creating a dynamic student life experience for a diverse student body. The coordinator of student engagement is responsible for advising the Macon Activities Council, managing the Student Center, advising the class boards and spirit groups, organizing College sponsored social and recreational events, and facilitating student traditions. The coordinator will work with student government officials on matters related to clubs and organizations on campus. The Coordinator will also assist students/student groups in planning and approving parties and party contracts for public and private events. The coordinator will understand the value of student activities and of the motivations of students who participate in them. The coordinator will foster an environment of inclusivity and model the way in championing diversity. This coordinator is a 12 month position with late night and weekend programming responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advises, trains, and mentors members of the Macon Activities Council and assists in planning campus-wide events including annual, special, series, publicity events
- Manage the Student Center including selection, training and supervision of building monitors, including overseeing daily functions and repairs.
- Facilitates and implements school traditions on campus including the Involvement Fair, Pumpkin Parade, Ring Week, Odd and Even Day, Daisy Chain, Senior Reception, the Senior Class Silent Auction, and the Senior Dinner Dance Weekend
- Collaborates with Business Office to prepare, review, and negotiate contracts/riders for all clubs and organizations on campus
- Oversees department and organization budgets, including Macon Activities Council, Student Center, Student Activities, Class Boards, and Spirit Groups budgets
- Advises class boards and campus spirit groups, supports student groups with fundraising and event planning
- Assists students in planning party contracts for public and private events on campus • Aids in the oversight of Student Government by advising the Club and Organization Committee
- Provides assistance in planning events such as Orientation, Family Weekend, Homecoming, and Commencement
- Promotes collaborative efforts between Student Engagement, Admissions, Residence Life, and Athletics for effective programming initiatives on campus
- Outlines oversight and posts to official Randolph Student Life social media sites (Facebook)
- Manages WordPress website for Engagement department
- May attend regional and/or national conferences with student leaders.
- Serve as administrator on-call, which include the following responsibilities: responding to calls, making critical decisions in short timeframe, investigating drug, alcohol, and mental illness violations and situations, submitting incident reports via Maxient conduct reporting software, and providing as needed assistance to law enforcement personnel
- Other duties as assigned by the vice president for student affairs and dean of students
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in higher education administration, student affairs, college student personnel services, or counseling, strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of college student development theory, program assessment, and high-impact practices
- Ability to apply theory, best practices, and precedent to make decisions
- 1-2 years of graduate level experience working in student activities or related area within student affairs preferred
- Experience working with programming and event planning
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, and others
- Ability to collaborate, co-create, and build partnerships with others on campus
- Excellent written and public communication skills, ability to work independently
- Flexibility in managing multiple projects simultaneously, eexcellent time management
- Strong Problem solving and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently
- Committed to diversity and inclusion and fostering an welcoming environment for students of all backgrounds
- Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background investigation.
Randolph College, founded as Randolph-Macon Woman’s College, is located in Lynchburg, VA at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains. It is a small, private liberal arts institution with a longstanding reputation for excellence in teaching and an appreciation for and commitment to diversity. In the 2017 edition of the Princeton Review, Randolph was rated in the top 20 nationally in the categories of “Professors Get High Marks.” In the 2015 edition we were rated for “Lots of Race/Class Interaction.” Randolph offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Candidate will be offered the opportunity to live in an on-campus apartment located within one of the College’s residence halls/office buildings. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Director of Human Resources, Randolph College, 2500 Rivermont Ave., Lynchburg, VA 24503 or via email to: email@example.com. EOE
Apply for Coordinator of Student Engagement
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly