Instructor - Clinical Practice - Nurse Family Partnership
The Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs is a distinguished and innovative college providing excellence in education, scholarship and practice in the health professions, facilitating collaboration for the promotion of a healthy community.
We are seeking applicants for a full time, 12-month appointment as a Clinical Instructor - Nurse Home Visitor. The Nurse Home Visitor is responsible for providing comprehensive nursing services to women and their families eligible for the Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) program, in the client's home or other community setting. This position is 80% Nurse Home Visitor, 10% teaching and 10% service. This is a grant funded position and continuation is based on annual renewal. More information about the Nurse Family Partnership can be found here: https://www.nursefamilypartnership.org/about/. The successful candidate will be required to show proof of valid driver's license and insured automobile.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Provide home visits to women and their families eligible for the NFP program.
- Adhere to nursing processes and the NFP model of home visitation.
- Carry a case load of up to 20 clients.
- Serve as a clinical preceptor for BSN level nursing students during home visits and care conferences.
- Support policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of the NFP and the Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
- As requested/required, participate in community coalition and advisory board activities in support of the NFP.
- As requested/required, promote public awareness of the NFP.
- Develop and maintain community relationships to support client referrals.
- Maintain current CPR certification for adults, children, and infants.
- Complete all required NFP education.
- Attend and participate in DANCE training.
- Develop therapeutic relationships, utilize concepts of reflection and motivational interviewing with women and their families in a home visiting environment.
- Perform home visiting in accordance with the NFP Model Elements and NFP Visit-to-Visit guidelines.
- Follow nursing processes in implementing NFP into nursing practice.
- Assess physical, emotional, social and environmental needs of women and their families as they relate to the NFP domains.
- Assist women and their families in establishing goals and outcomes.
- Provide education, support and referral resources in assisting women and their families in attaining their targeted goals.
- Consult and collaborate with other professionals involved in providing services to women and families.
- Formulate nursing diagnosis based on nursing assessment and client goals and evaluate client progress toward stated goals and NFP outcomes.
- Plan home visits in accordance with client goals and NFP outcomes.
- Actively engage in professional development to meet all NFP Nurse Home Visitor competency requirements.
- Utilize reflective practice in supervisory sessions.
- Attend and participate in case conferences and team meetings.
- Provide information to support staff for timely and accurate data input to the NFP performance management system.
- Participate in quality improvement efforts.
- Understand, support, and coach others in the NFP vision, mission and model, representing the NFP vision, mission and model in actions and verbally to both internal and external customers and colleagues.
- Directly teach and evaluate nursing students in the clinical setting.
- Coordinate with lead faculty of clinical courses to design and schedule student experiences.
- Attend faculty meetings at the request of department chair or dean.
- Travel to Denver for all face-to-face education sessions.
- Perform related duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Document appropriately
- Assist in creating a positive work environment that promotes inclusiveness, productivity, mentoring, teamwork and cooperation
- Elicit and consider differing viewpoints when analyzing issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, maintaining clear, effective, open, honest communication with both internal and external customers and colleagues, creating maintaining and supporting a safe environment for open discussion
- Maintain confidentiality
- Seek and respond appropriately to feedback
- Basic computer skills
- Able to travel within El Paso and Teller Counties for home visits, Denver for training
Annual Salary: $78,000
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package. Information on benefits programs can be found at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 12,400 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. UCCS is among the fastest growing universities in the state and is consistently ranked as one of the top western regional universities by U.S. News & World Report. Colorado Springs, (pop. 400K+) is situated at the base of Pikes Peak, offers many recreational and cultural activities and was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top Best Places to Live in the U.S.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigation include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for those with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day or work.
- Registered Nurse with active Colorado nursing license or a licensee of the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLS)
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing or health related field or substantial progress toward a Master's degree (an anticipated completion date will be specified)
- Current BLS
- Able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends (per agency requirements)
- Two years recent experience in maternal/child health, public health, home visiting or behavioral health nursing
- Home visiting experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:Full consideration will be given to completed applications received by April 5, 2018. Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers (job #12855). Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:In order for an application to be considered, applicants must label each required attachment with the relevant title, attach the required documents for this position announcement to the submission and check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in the submission. When applying, applicants must include: 1. Cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and qualifications 2. Current curriculum vitae 3. Unofficial transcripts If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or email@example.com. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40081 - Beth-El UG Nursing
Posting Date: Mar 21, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carole Traylor
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00008232