Admissions-Gen - 164500
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Occasional Overtime
The Office of Admissions is a vital contributor to UNT's enrollment success through student outreach, recruitment endeavors, and a commitment to providing personalized assistance to students throughout the college application and admissions process.
The Admissions Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Admissions Officer to join our team. This administrative and professional position is primarily for the recruitment of prospective graduate students to the University of North Texas. Under the direction and supervision of the Sr. Admission Officer for Graduate Recruitment and the Director of Recruitment, work principally involves extensive statewide travel, counseling, and guidance of applicants for admission, and rendering of directional services at graduate fairs and programs in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and in other targeted areas.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Assist in other admission and student recruiting functions of the Office of Admissions.
* Participation in on-campus and external events directly related to UNT admission and recruitment efforts.
* Assigned some project-related supervisory responsibility over support staff in areas related to recruitment, processing and admission of students.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and one year of experience in recruiting, academic advising, counseling, student services, customer service or related experience or can substitute education for experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Strong presentation skills and problem solving skills.
* Developed interpersonal skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
* Ability to obtain credit card for travel.
* Good driving record and access to a vehicle.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
* Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed and have the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends.
* Willingness to travel extensively.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bilingual-Spanish highly preferred
* Previous admissions office experience
* Physical ability to bend, stoop, stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 lbs. of catalog boxes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting