Research Associate-Fixed Term
The Quantgen group (https://quantgen.github.io/), lead by Drs. De los Campos and Vazquez, invites applications for a Research Associate (postdoctoral) position to work on research in analysis and prediction of complex traits using Big Data from biobanks.
Our research goals include:
- The development of methods and software for implementing whole-genome (Bayesian or penalized) regressions with Big Data
- Alternative variable selection methods
- The study of sex and ethnic differences and multi-trait analyses.
The initial appointment is for one year with possibility of reappointment dependent on job performance and available funding.Required Degree
Doctorate -Statistics, computer science or relatedMinimum Requirements
- Experience on genetic analysis and prediction of complex traits
- Working experience with at least one programing language such as C, C++, or Fortran.
Candidates should submit the following in order to be considered:</p >
- Cover letter describing research interests and career goals, including a statement of your interest or experience in fostering an inclusive environment
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information for three references who will be contacted if requested by the department
- Two representative publications
Review of applications will begin on April 4, 2018 and continue until filled.