Business Analyst I, HRIS - Information Technology
The Business Analyst 1 reports to the Director of Enterprise Software Development-IT/Enterprise Application Services (EAS) within the central division of Information Technology (IT). The business analyst is physically located in the central Human Resources and Inclusive Community (HRIC) division, and will work in close collaboration with both the application developers in EAS and the HRIC staff.
With supervision, this position primarily supports all HR technology applications, performs HR business process needs analysis, data analysis, and software configuration and support. This position is responsible for proposing and documenting more efficient HR technology functions, identifying opportunities to leverage technology to implement electronic solutions, writing ad-hoc reports and queries for analysis, and performing all other tasks necessary to meet the technology needs of the HRIC division. The business analyst is the functional expert and first line of production support in HRIC for all software applications including the institution's ERP (Ellucian Banner).
With supervision, perform the following duties
- Analyze and evaluate existing reports, functions and business processes of Human Resources including employee benefits, position control, compensation, and other areas within HRIC
- Perform analysis of HR data to assist the Vice Chancellor and Director's in HRIC to both present the information in a meaningful way to University's Senior Leadership and make informed human resources decisions
- Analyze, define, and document operational needs and objectives, current operational procedures, system transactions and processes, and levels of system access for the various units within HRIC
- Contribute to effective and efficient changes in operation within HRIC, such as, implementation of new HR technology, creation of electronic processes, and development of detailed workforce analysis
- Analyze the feasibility of, and develop requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems, and ensure that the system design fits the needs of the users
- Manage report requests that come in across the University
- Recommend functional configuration tasks for the HR modules to satisfy requests from end users for enhancements and fixes
- Develop test cases and perform user acceptance testing on all HR applications specifically for new developments and software upgrades
- Act as a liaison between HRIC and IT in analysis, design, functional configuration, testing, and maintenance of HR systems to ensure optimal system performance
- Track and document changes in functional and business specifications and write detailed procedures and workflows that can be easily understood by the end users. Document new and existing reports and electronic processes as knowledge base articles in the IT ITSM (Service Now)
- Coordinate regularly scheduled meetings with IT/EAS and HRIC
- Partner with HRIC and EAS development team to prioritize projects using IT prioritization rubric.
- Other functions as assigned
- Bachelor's degree
- Entry level to 2 years of experience or coursework specific to business analysis
- Degree in business administration, computer information systems, management information systems or other related field
- Knowledge of SQL and reporting software (eg: Cognos or Tableau). Working with or in Human Resources
Submit your application materials by April 4, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered.