Part-Time Library Assistant III - University Libraries
This part-time position reports to the Library Collections Procurement and Processing Manager and is responsible for the ordering and receiving of one-time orders in print or physical formats and all associated file and record maintenance in the integrated library system. Acts as lead in gift book donation receiving and processing. This position willingly shares skills and knowledge, participates in the process flow of work of the unit, and receives instructions regarding assignments.
- Place and receive orders for one-time purchase requests of print/physical materials, including rush reserve requests, which involves the following: search the library catalog for duplication, select appropriate vendors to place orders, create vendor records and obtain accounting documents, key new temp bibliographic and order records, print or email orders, maintain files, and process invoices in Alma for orders placed. Maintain and update records in Alma with status reports from vendors and publishers and special requests from selectors. Generate claims. Unpack shipments and receive orders, updating Alma and spreadsheets as needed. Route materials to appropriate shelf for cataloging. Return duplicate and defective material. Correspond accordingly with vendors regarding returns and follow-up on credits for returns. Calculate monthly statistics. Communicate with selectors, staff, vendors, and publishers regarding orders.
- Following guidelines as approved by the Collections Librarian, purchase material requested by patrons to support print demand-driven ordering and invoice payment. Monitor daily requests for print suggested purchases and place orders accordingly. Assist with managing the reserve request purchases. Calculate monthly statistics. Communicate with patrons, selectors, vendors, and publishers regarding orders as required.
- Assists with gift book donation receiving and processing, which includes searching across multiple platforms and applying guidelines in selecting and routing materials. Calculate statistics and enter updates in system applications. Communicate with donors and co-workers to help coordinate delivery of donations.
- On a monthly basis, collect all receipts for credit card purchases and Amazon transactions, match them to orders, reconcile and post as an invoice, submit a monthly credit card packet to the Budget Director and quickly resolve any disputes/problems with vendors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patrons, publishers, vendors, librarians, colleagues, and gift donors.
- Familiarity with foreign language translation resources.
- Basic math skills; ability to maintain accurate and thorough monthly statistics on work performed.
- Normal reasoning ability in problem solving.
- Good organizational and record keeping skills; accurate keyboard entry; and excellent typing skills.
- Attention to detail is very important.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to follow established procedures
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Superior attention to detail
- Familiarity of library systems, computers and printers, and previous library experience helpful.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) March 27, 2018. Applications may be accepted and reviewed until position filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.