Sr Technology Product Manager
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 5436 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
This position will configure and support a suite of technology platforms that primarily supports the Finance and Reporting functions (which includes Controller, Treasurer, and Budget Offices) and may provide secondary support to other Finance and Business Services units. This individual is the primary liaison between the Finance and Reporting function, vendor teams, and Central IT ensuring the software is configured and system functioning to support the priorities of Miami University.
This position will partner with the business teams, the Central IT team, integrated vendors, stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts to drive the work of the FBS IT and business unit teams. This individual is responsible for providing day to day operational support as well as strategic support for assigned applications. A strong communicator who brings parties with varied levels of knowledge and skill together and ensures projects are executed well and delivered on time. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Will demonstrate excellent management and leadership qualities within and across the Business Teams, the Central IT organization and various software vendors.
- Manages their assigned suite of systems including performing configuration and systems settings changes. Manages all service requests (including data requests), system upgrades and issue escalation with central IT and/or appropriate vendor.
- Work with the business partners and team to identify and prioritize business requirements, benefits and implementation schedule.
- The “go to” person on project-related issues. Acts as a technical and professional leader, providing knowledgeable guidance and direction as projects are planned, managed and implemented.
- Proactively identifies major risks or challenges to ensure we are stable and highly productive. Addresses systems issues or opportunities with integrated vendors and follows up to ensure timely resolution.
- Thinks through opportunities and provides advice and direction on optimal solutions for the business opportunities or challenges.
- Manages day-to-day project-related activities. Drives and manages project schedules status, resources, deliverables and timelines throughout the project with input and feedback from the business team.
- Communicates well and in a timely fashion with Management regarding the status of specific projects.
- Manage a team of 2-3 system/financial analysts.
Experience with Banner Finance, Financial systems, controls, as well as financial reporting in higher education is highly desirable. Experience with SQL and OBIEE is preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree and Minimum 5-10 related experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Strong Leadership Skills
OEEO Statement: The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.