The Business and Technology Applications Analyst (BTAA) provides technical leadership, project management, and consultation to administrative users in the development and support of enterprise systems and applications. The BTAA analyzes and implements new applications, interfaces, system enhancements, workflows, and supports new technologies that improve the delivery of administrative services to students, faculty and staff. This position will proactively work with users and other ITS staff members in the maintenance and support of the Banner ERP system, data reporting mechanisms, external integration interfaces, business process improvement, and other core information systems utilized throughout the university.Preferred qualifications include experience using:SQL, Java, C, Perl, PHP, .NET, or Groovy/Ruby on Rails.Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or project management.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical personnel (including writing clear documentation).
- Ability to work independently and reliably to ensure projects meet time and resource constraints.
- Ability to work as a team member and exhibit the ability to advance technical skills.
- Proven ability to analyze user department needs, make proactive recommendations to improve existing processes and identify where technology changes may create opportunities for user departments.
- Knowledge and experience with the Banner SIS/ERP system, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, report development tools, and web technologies.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
Learn more about this vacancy, and apply online at http://jobs.unca.edu/. Applications accepted through April 22, 2018.
UNC Asheville is committed to equality and diversity of experiences for our students, applicants and employees. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of socio-economic status, gender expression, gender and sexual identity, culture, and ideological beliefs. UNC Asheville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status with respect to all terms, conditions, and privileges of university-sponsored activities, employment, and the use of university facilities.