#6573 Analyst/Programmer (Career), Business Information Systems
San Diego State University is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of historically underrepresented groups.
Initial review of applications will begin on April 2, 2018. To receive full consideration, apply by April 1, 2018. (The position will remain open until filled). The online application should be completed in detail. Completion of the online application is required for consideration; a resume alone will not suffice.
For more information on San Diego State University, please click here.
This is a full-time (1.0 time-base), benefits eligible, permanent (probationary) position. This position is designated exempt under FLSA and is not eligible for overtime compensation. Standard SDSU work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., but may vary based on operational needs.
Under general supervision of the Director of Business Information Systems, this position is responsible for providing administrative systems programming and analysis operations support for the HCM administrative systems in use by staff, faculty, and student employees at San Diego State University. SDSU utilizes Oracle PeopleSoft for HCM (HR) systems, including Employee Self-Service and Manager Self-Service. The unit is also beginning development work with Oracle Application Express to address small business use cases.
This position will provide technical analyst/programmer support to analyze administrative systems user and data needs and issues, determine and evaluate solution approaches, research and architect/design, develop and code solutions (product enhancements and process improvements as well as interfacing to other systems to or from HCM) using the best enabling Oracle technologies that are supported for Oracle PeopleSoft. Aligning these solutions with business requirements to ensure integrity and accountability as well as sound performance and usability, the incumbent will technically design, build, implement and maintain solutions to meet use requirements.
This position requires a strong and sound working knowledge of human resources principles and practices, and provides on-going technical and analytical support directly to operational users, so excellent working relationships and communication skills with management, staff, and vendors is a requirement of this position, as well as the ability to effectively communicate and assist in requirements gathering through a potentially ambiguous and changing need.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary upon appointment not expected to exceed $8,000 per month. CSU Classification Salary Range: $4,372 - $9,877 per month. Salary placement is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
San Diego State University offers a rich benefits package that constitutes a major portion of total compensation. For more information regarding SDSU benefits, please click here.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or business, OR equivalent training and applied experience.
Preferred Qualifications and Specialized Skills
- Technical skills: PeopleTools in version 8.51 or above including Application Designer, Application Engine, PeopleCode, SQR, Data Mover, and integration technologies Component Interface and Integration Broker. XML/BI Publisher, Test Framework, PS query. Oracle RDBMS 11g and above. Oracle PL/SQL.
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience as a PeopleSoft software developer working in a multi-platform Unix/Linux environment designing, developing, and maintaining interfaces between PeopleSoft and third-party platforms.
- Experience implementing delivered and custom PeopleSoft web services.
- Experience deploying self-service using mobile apps.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills with correct grammar and style. Comfortable working through ambiguous and fluidly iterative requirements, and patient with colleagues throughout the process.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft architecture - both functional and technical - and sound judgement in providing technical support of PeopleSoft applications at the career analyst/programmer level.
- Understanding of PeopleSoft security model involving use of Permission Lists, Roles, Query Trees, and Row-Level Security assignment.
- Strong business process design skills, as well as experience with systems implementation and production support, is desired. These skills and experiences should include development and testing methodologies, and ability to document a business process flow using Visio or other related software.
- Development experience with Oracle Application Express.
- Experience in implementing and supporting document imaging.
- Experience in using change management software.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button. If you need assistance completing your application, please click here.
Applicants with disabilities requiring assistance may call (619) 594-7099.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
SDSU is a smoke free campus. For more information, please click here.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.