Tutors Temporary Pool
Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: Tutors Temporary Pool
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This posting is a pool and not for any specific position. Job duties listed in this posting are general in nature and will vary depending on location. Specific job duties will be explained during interview. This is a temporary part-time position with option for medical benefits at full employee cost.
Job Category: Other
Job Type: Temporary Part-Time
General Summary: Tutors work with students on a one-on-one basis or group setting to assist them with assignments and a general understanding of topics.
Requirements: Associate's degree (bachelor's preferred); B average in subjects to be tutored; teaching or tutoring experience preferred; good communication skills.
Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
1. Provide one-on-one or small group tutoring in designated subject.
2. Help students to acquire knowledge in academic disciplines, develop learning skills and improve students' achievement in credit courses.
3. Identify or develop appropriate materials to supplement class instructional material.
4. Promote tutorial services through such activities as class presentations the development of brochures and flyers.
5. Ensure that students utilize Appointment Central and record notes as appropriate.
6. Confer with faculty on assignment expectations.
7. Refer students to appropriate support services such as counseling, advising, supportive services, Math Cafe or Learning Commons.
8. Develop workshops focusing on specific topics or learning difficulties.
10. Use a wide array of tutoring methods and techniques to address students' learning difficulties or problems.
11. Familiarize students with online support.
12. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearance: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=99