ITS Customer/Technical Support Temporary Pool
Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: ITS Customer/Technical Support Temporary Pool
Department: ITS Field Operations
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This is a temporary part-time position with option for medical benefits at full employee cost. This posting is a pool and not for any specific position. Open to all college locations as needed.
Job Category: Other
Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
General Summary: Provide excellent customer service and Information Technology problem solving and support to CCAC employees. Depending on need this may include providing tier 1 support, review & creation of internal & externally facing documentation, deploying and supporting software applications, moving technology related items as directed, installing and supporting computer hardware & peripherals, and providing support for handheld and tablet devices.
Requirements: Preferred associate's degree in information science or related field; minimum one-year experience with various software applications; background in technology related customer service preferred. Must have strong organizational skills, and the ability to multitask, work in a team environment, work well with people, learn new technical skills quickly, and independently remain current in the technology field. Must be able to type a minimum of 30 words per minute. Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
Occasionally requires physical exertion to reach, bend, and stand for long periods of time, crawling into tight areas, including under desks. Must be able to move, lift, carry, and push multiple heavy objects each weighing up to 30 pounds periodically.
1. Confer with supervisors, Service Desk Analysts, User Support Analysts, Hardware Software Technicians, and AV Aides, as well as all ITS employees on an as needed basis.
2. Appropriately use all aspects of the IT Service Management application where applicable based on assignment. This includes:
a. Collect all required information, enter information accurately, and ensure the appropriate information needed for a resolution is gathered.
b. Remain current with all system information, changes and updates.
c. Utilize the system for all communications to customers.
d. Adhere to all standard ITS processes and procedures.
e. Track and route problems/requests and clearly document resolutions.
f. Identify and escalate tickets according to documented standards.
g. Document resolutions and create FAQs and knowledge base articles.
h. Provide suggestions for continuous process improvements
3. Identify research and respond to service tickets in a timely manner and provide customer focused support.
4. Actively participate in assigned projects related to current ITS initiatives.
5. Provide tier 1 Service Desk support for employee related calls.
6. Troubleshoot computers and related peripherals problems in order to help maintain all campus computers in working order and perform routine maintenance/repairs as needed or assigned.
7. Install and configure systems & application software for, Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS, and various mobile operating systems as directed by full time ITS team members. This includes assisting with the roll out of new computers as well as the surplus of end-of-life equipment.
8. Work cooperatively with staff within the Information Technology Services Department and other divisions of the college to accomplish departmental, divisional and institutional goals as assigned.
9. Assist with the content creation, and proactive editing and maintenance of the department's website(s), portal, and intranet, and participate in development of web-based applications.
10. Identify where technology can better meet business needs of end users and inform management about these possibilities.
11. Maintain accurate, organized, and detailed records.
12. Provide timely feedback to manager and teams.
13. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
1. Exhibit patience, effective interpersonal skills, proper communication skills, assertiveness, diplomacy and the ability to determine when each is required.
2. Work with a positive attitude in an ever changing environment.
3. Be punctual, dependable, and do the job right the first time.
4. Complete work assignments in the most efficient manner.
5. Take the initiative to learn new software and hardware on their own and remain open to new ideas and technology at all times.
6. Make appropriate decisions that support student learning, make sure actions are adequate to solve problems, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
7. Always perform work with Customer Service best practices.
Clearance: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=96