Counselor Temporary Pool
Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: Counselor Temporary Pool
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This posting is a pool and not for any specific position. Job duties listed in this posting are general in nature and will vary depending on location. Specific job duties will be explained during interview. This is a temporary part-time position with option for medical benefits at full employee cost..
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Job Type: Temporary Part-Time
General Summary: Provide support services to students including those with special needs through admissions, crisis, academic, career, transfer, and personal counseling. May refer students to various College offices and/or outside agencies to meet individual needs of students.Requirements: Master's degree in counseling and two (2) years related experience required. College experience in counseling is preferred especially from a community college. Experience with individual and group counseling; experience in student development services, psychometric testing and measurements. Excellent verbal and writing skills.Job Duties:
2. Provide individual and/or group counseling on issues related to crisis, personal, transfer, career and academic concerns.
3. May provide academic advisement as stipulated in the AFT Contract for students through all steps of the registration procedure, including selecting a major and scheduling.
4. Assist students in the identification of career goals as they relate to enrollment at CCAC.
5. Provide referrals and follow-up with appropriate campus offices such as Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Career/Transfer Services, Job Placement, Supportive Services, and ACT 101.
6. Provide crisis intervention counseling and follow-up as needed with the Dean of Student Development.
7. Coordinate Placement Testing and other Academic diagnostic and standardized tests.
8. Interpret placement tests, career inventories and psychometric tests.
9. Assist with the development and implementation of early intervention and retention programs.
10. Work with Dean of Student Development to identify and recommend appropriate services designed to address student needs.
11. Assist with the acquisition and updating of materials in the Counseling Center.
12. Participate in staff development activities.
13. Assist with the development of special programs that reflect the diversity of the student population.
14. Participate in New Student Orientation.
15. Serve on campus and/or college committees.
16. Prepare and submit reports, as requested.
17. Provide input in the preparation of the operating and capital budgets.
18. Perform other related duties as assigned.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=94