Psychology and Neuroscience
The Laboratory of NeuroGenetics (LoNG) at Duke University employs a research strategy seeking to integrate complimentary approaches, especially structural and functional neuroimaging, in the service of identifying biomarkers of risk for common forms of mental illness as well as biomarkers of cognitive decline and aging. The LoNG works with collaborators both at Duke and abroad to translate these efforts into the next generation of strategies for intervention and prevention.
The LoNG has collected comprehensive neuroimaging data in 1330 university students and is currently in the process of collecting such data in the 1,000 participants of the longitudinal Dunedin Study in New Zealand. The LoNG is seeking a Data Manager who will develop and run automated pipelines for analysis of these large neuroimaging datasets. The Data Manager will have the opportunity to contribute to research and publications leveraging multi-modal neuroimaging as well as genetic data to address broad questions about aging and mental health.
See www.haririlab.com for further information on the LoNG team and their research.
- Develop proficiency with neuroimaging software tools to facilitate analysis
- Implement platforms for the analysis of neural circuit structure, function, and connectivity; optimize them for high-throughput execution on a linux cluster
- Routinely run neuroimaging analysis pipelines to process newly acquired data in a timely manner
- Research, identify, and implement appropriate novel methodologies to support the team's research strategies; keep up-to-date with technological advances in the field
- Develop standard operating procedures, work plans, and manuals for laboratory methodologies; keep documentation up-to-date
- Assist with the implementation of ethical and procedural guidelines relating to PHI in line with current legislative and university rulings
- Assist with the general management of production, processing, storage, and backup of neuroimaging data, including (but not limited to) general programming tasks in a variety of languages
- Assist with the development and monitoring of quality control methods for neuroimaging data
- Meet with individual team members to develop research ideas, discuss results from study analyses, and facilitate the implementation of new analyses
- Advise and instruct members of research team on specialized neuroimaging analysis strategies
- Assist with the general production, analysis, and dissemination neuroimaging findings
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Neuroscience, Psychology or similar field
- Strong programming skills
- Experience in Linux / Unix
- Experience with neuroimaging or strong interest in the field
- Experience with neuroimaging tools such as AFNI, SPM, FSL, FreeSurfer
- Experience with cluster computing
- Experience programming in MATLAB
1018 DATA MANAGER
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires an Associates in Computer Science or equivalenttechnical training, or non-technical Bachelor's.
2 years data management, research or medical experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.