Head Men's Lacrosse Coach
The selected individual will serve as the Head Men's Lacrosse Coach and is responsible for all aspects of coordinating and maintaining a competitive NCAA Division III collegiate level Men's Lacrosse program including ongoing recruitment, proper scheduling, equipment inventory, and promoting a culture of sportsmanship and NCAA Division III compliance. The incumbent will also assist with other Athletics Department duties as assigned. Ongoing planning and effective verbal and written communication with the Director of Athletics, Associate Athletic Director / SWA, SID, Athletics Training staff, Athletics Department Secretary, coaching staff, academic faculty, Enrollment Services and the student-athletes is required. The successful candidate is expected to exhibit and promote sportsmanship, professional and ethical conduct and behavior as well as serve the institution as a positive role model for the student-athletes. Ongoing documented and effective recruitment and retention of student-athletes is imperative in this role. Other Athletics Department and Student Life Division duties to be assigned as needed that may include game day supervision, assistance with intramural activities, serving on committees.
Principal duties include:
- Serve as the Head Coach for Men's Lacrosse using current up to date coaching techniques to promote competitive performance
- Mentor student-athletes for academic and personal success
- Coordinate the effective recruitment of student athletes for Men's Lacrosse utilizing Front Rush and assist with other athletics programs with an ongoing focus on increasing the number of Bachelor Degree students at SUNY Delhi
- Assist the Sports Information Director in promoting the men's lacrosse program properly
- Monitor the academic progress of all men's lacrosse student-athletes
- Maintain the inventory of all men's lacrosse related equipment and uniforms, and generate needed specific quotes for necessary equipment replacement as indicated in end of season reports
- Assist with effective competitive NCAA Division III scheduling for men's lacrosse
- Communicate all program budgetary needs in writing to the Associate A.D.
- Prepare end of season and other Athletics Department reports as required
- Promote and represent the Athletics Department in an ethical, positive and professional manner
- Participate in campus wide activities and committees as assigned
- Other Athletics Department or intramural related duties as assigned which may include game day and sports information statistics assistance and supervision
- The professional obligation for this position requires that the employee be available, as general business dictates, during normal scheduled business hours.
- This coaching position requires working various nights, and weekends with scheduled athletic competitions and recruiting obligations.
- A valid driver's license will be required in order to travel to recruit student-athletes.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 1-3 years of in season college level competitive lacrosse coaching experience
- Effective verbal and written communication, computer and web related skills
- Valid Driver's license
- CPR / First Aid certification
- Master's Degree preferred
- 1 - 3 years collegiate level competitive lacrosse playing experience
- Effective and demonstrated recruiting skills
- Salary: $43,000
- Work Schedule: Must be available during normal working hours for the college. Position requires working various nights, and weekends with scheduled athletic competitions and recruiting obligations
- Reports to: Director of Athletics
- This is an 10 month position (August 1 - May 31)
- Budget Title: Staff Associate
- Reason for vacancy: Replacement
This position offers full New York State UUP (FT), UUP (PT), Management Confidential benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country with an excellent fringe benefits package. Click here for more Information for Prospective Employees.
SUNY Delhi has a strong commitment to Affirmative Action and Cultural Diversity. The College welcomes responses from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
SUNY Delhi is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community for our students and employees. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of the background check.
To apply, please submit:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three professional references
To apply: https://delhi.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=95397
For full consideration please apply April 29, 2018
SUNY Delhi is an AA/EO Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/yp7pmkv6xzpscg4r