University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Surgery - Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Position # 744375
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery is seeking nominations and applications for a professor with a doctorate in immunology with research interests in translational studies in translation and plastic surgery. This academic position will be at the level of Professor.
The responsibilities associated with this faculty appointment will include the performance of basic and translational research in the area of transplant and plastic surgery, with a specific interest in the development of a translational research program for immune tolerance and to establish collaborative investigative efforts with other disciplines as deem appropriate for investigational efforts. This position is also expected to serve as an educator and mentor for post-doctoral fellows, and other learners in areas of expertise and to participate in teaching activities within the Department of Surgery geared toward understanding and developing the relationship between scientific research and clinical care.
- Ph.D. in immunology
- Three or more years of post-doctoral work in immunology
- 20 years or more experience in an academic environment as Assistant Professor or higher
- Twenty or more first authorship papers in peer reviewed journals
- Fifteen or more years of teaching experience both as a lecturer and a laboratory instructor in the areas of immunology, transplantation and surgery
- Principle Investigator with currently NIH funding
- Eight or more years' experience as a director or co-director of unit dedicated to transplantation research
Required Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of scientific techniques
- Demonstrated experience in running a lab, funded research projects, and/or supervising post-docs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse constituency
- Demonstrated desire to move towards scientific independence through submission of grant applications, development of independent research projects, or, with the mentor's approval, collaborate with scientists other than the primary mentor with whom the scientist works.
- Contribution to grant applications that are collaborative in nature with the mentor and/or demonstrated ability to write competitive grants independently
- Demonstrated ability to teach in the laboratory setting and/or through presentations of papers and/or seminars
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20328 - SOM-SRG-RS PLAS Clinical
Posting Date: Mar 20, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Stephanie Farmer
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00744375