Global Education Assistant
University of Colorado - Office of International Affairs
Global Education Assistant
The Office of International Affairs (OIA), through its departments: International Admissions, International Student and Scholar Services, and Global Education programs serves the University of Colorado Downtown Denver (CU Denver) and Anschutz Medical Campus and community by facilitating the goals of promoting international education, intercultural exchange, and diversity. This temporary position will manage CU Denver Semester-long and short-term Global Study programs, implement strategic plans, and focus on increasing study abroad accessibility on all programs. This position works within OIA as part of the campus mission and academic master plan to internationalize and diversify the campus.
Bachelor's degree or higher in International Education or related field and a minimum 3 years of relevant experience in international education in an accredited higher education institution.
Under the supervision of the Director of the Office of Global Education (OGE), this position is a member of the OGE team focused on excellent student and faculty global education experiences.
Examples of Work Performed:
Developing and Implementing Programs
- Manages a portfolio of global study programs and semester-long programs worldwide, developing a variety of program models to meet student and faculty needs.
- Assists in developing strategies to work with faculty in departments to integrate education abroad experience and courses into the school curriculum.
- Assists with the development of the organization/department's marketing efforts.
- Collaborates with academic and student affairs departments, faculty, partner universities, and outside organizations to ensure a smooth experience for all students.
- Educates faculty and academic departments on the institution's approach to foreign academic courses, grades, and credits.
- Maintains complete, accurate and accessible records of programs and participants to ensure that information is available, correct, and communicated as needed.
- Works closely with OIA Finance and HR office to ensure fiscal accuracy of program operations and student billing.
- Assists with the development and communication of goals and objectives for pre-departure orientation, reentry, risk management workshops, and other related seminars and workshops.
- Assists with the utilization of qualitative and quantitative data to evaluate programs and guide decision making.
Crisis Management/ Student Health Safety
- Provides support in the development of communication strategies to ensure that health, safety, and security are included in all program planning.
- Assists with the development, review, and update of relevant forms and policy and helps establish policies in collaboration with for program leaders relevant to health and safety training, first response and post situation reporting.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Subject to needs of the Office of International Affairs, the Global Education Assistant may be asked to assist other units within the office under the direction of the OGE Director.
Knowledge, Competencies and Abilities
- Ability to effectively manage a portfolio of global education programs.
- Ability to effectively apply research skills for the development of new international education programs.
- Ability to identify, access, and use relevant research and analyze data sets.
- Ability to apply theories and research on college student advising.
- Possess a skill set to work with supervisors in establishing departmental customer service practices and maintain customer service satisfaction.
- Familiarity with, and knowledge of, domestic and international university systems: academic programs, grading policies, transcript processes, and curricular offerings.
- Knowledge of crisis management processes and procedures and the ability to communicate response procedures and general travel health concerns (immunizations, medications, etc.) to students and faculty.
- Bachelor's degree in international studies, education, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application suite
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- One to three years of experience working in international or intercultural programs in accredited higher education institutions or with a third-party provider
- Personal study abroad experience
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks with composure
- Ability to effectively represent OGE on campus committees and in professional meetings
- Master's degree in international education or related field
- Four or more years of relevant experience in international education in accredited higher education institutions, preferably in an international education program office or with a third-party provider.
- Experience with Terra Dotta application management software
- Demonstrated international living experience
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with databases, and/or e-communication
- Experience in data analysis, reporting and presentation
- Ability to professionally function (written/spoken) in a second language
This is a full-time, hourly position. Wages will be based on qualifications. There are no benefits associated with this position. This is a temporary position that is expected to last no longer than mid-January.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12990
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30053 - AVCASA-OIA Intl Education
Posting Date: Mar 20, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Position Number: 00729618