Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes
Nature of Work
This is a full-time (40 hours per week) Professional Research Assistant position at the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes. This is a clinical research position with no laboratory duties. The PRA will contribute to new and ongoing diabetes related studies, including serving as the liaison between the Barbara Davis Center and the external companies involved in the various protocols.
This position reports to the study Principle Investigators (Gregory Forlenza, MD, Paul Wadwa, MD & Robert Slover, MD), and to the team managers (Laurel Messer and Cari Berget). Supervision will include training and oversight for the position's responsibilities. The position is part of the Pediatric clinic team and the employee will be expected to assist the staff members within that section.
No supervision of others is required of this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is a position requiring interest in clinical research, the ability to be self-directed, detail-oriented, and adaptable in a high-intensity environment. This study team conducts numerous clinical trials at the same time, therefore, strong team work is essential. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required as well. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the execution of clinical research studies with children and adults with diabetes, involving diabetes management technologies, including insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors,.
- Implementing study recruitment and enrollment procedures with eligible patients, children, and families
- Responsibility for IRB submissions/correspondence for assigned studies, including completion of CU's policies and procedures for research oversight and regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining device accountability for clinical trials
- Completing data entry
- Coordinating the completion of study visits to meet protocol requirements
- Implementing and maintaining subject tracking database.
- Educating patients and staff about the study.
- Serving as liaison between BDC, internal/external departments, and companies involved.
- Participating in study meetings and trainings as required.
- Developing research protocols and informed consent forms in collaboration with the primary investigator.
- Additional responsibilities may involve blood drawing, sample processing
This position works Monday-Friday eight-hour days based on clinic appointment schedule and flexibility of work hours. On some occasions, it will be necessary to work night and weekend shifts. The position will be located at the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes on the University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz medical campus in Aurora, CO.
All listed under Duties and Responsibilities. It is anticipated that all members of the Wadwa, Forlenza and Slover research team will be available to assist with all protocols.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Minimum of Bachelors of Arts or Sciences degree.
- Minimum 1-year work experience in a clinical research setting required. 2-3 years' experience preferred
- Phlebotomy experience, experience in diabetes care or education and experience in pediatric patient settings highly desirable.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 12986
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20061 - SOM-Barbara Davis Center
Posting Date: Mar 20, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Talisha Bell
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00744592