Project Coordinator- We Mean Green Fund
Project Coordinator- We Mean Green Fund
Div of Student Affairs - 160100
Is this an internal posting only?
M- F 8am- 5pm; some weekends and week nights
The Dean of Students Office fosters the development of leadership, civility, accountability, and responsibility in the University of North Texas student; builds community through service and involvement; and serves as an advocate for all students. This office is dedicated to supporting the UNT student who may need assistance in resolving complex personal and academic matters. We strive to help all students achieve their academic and personal goals and enhance the UNT student experience.
The We Mean Green Fund provides the opportunity for members of the UNT community to make our campus even greener! Every student pays a $5 Environmental Service fee during the Spring and Fall semester that is dedicated to reduce UNT's impact on the environment.
The Division of Student Affairs Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Project Coordinator- We Mean Green Fund to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Develops and maintains student program, including management of multiple projects, consulting with students and coordinating team support of program services.
* Develops and implements marketing and promotional initiatives for programs, and develop and facilitate program presentations and increase student engagement.
* Effectively communicates to various audiences, and establishes and maintains effective working relationships by utilizing public relations and customer service strategies.
* Develops and conducts appropriate assessments of program activities and effectiveness, reporting outcomes and utilizing data to contribute to strategic planning.
* Demonstrates sound fiscal and resource management, adhering to policies and procedures.
* Conceptualizes, develops and implements sustainability programs and projects for the WMGF in collaboration with students, faculty, staff, departments, and community members, advancing UNT Core Value and Division Principle and Value of Sustainability.
* Analyzes trends in the field of sustainability and utilizes this expertise in collaboration with the campus community and in service on various committees.
* Demonstrates fiscal responsibility while administering a funding process which allocates substantial funding according to Texas Education code Sec. 54.5041 pertaining to Environmental Service Fees.
* Organizes goal setting process for sustainability with input from students, faculty, and staff.
* Fosters relationships with community partners and identifies opportunities for collaboration that are mutually beneficial for the university and the community partners.
* Fosters Student Sustainability efforts throughout the WMGF.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree in related field and three years of related experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Experience with project management tools and their effective use in managing projects.
* Understanding of project management principles.
* Ability to manage projects across organizational boundaries to successfully complete projects.
* Excellent oral and written communications capabilities.
* Demonstrated ability to produce reports and weekly updates to management.
Required: CAPM certification or ability to obtain the certification within the first twelve months of employment may be required by some departments.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's Degree in related field and two years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Detailed knowledge of sustainability standards for higher education.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting