Nursing Lab Coordinator (9-month position)
Aurora University is an independent, comprehensive institution founded in 1893 offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our two campuses are located in Aurora, Illinois and on the shores of Geneva Lake in Wisconsin. Additionally, we have an Educational Center in Woodstock, Illinois. We seek people passionately involved in the educational process who will help us realize our vision.
Position Purpose: The Nursing Lab Coordinator for the School of Nursing supports learning by assisting the Simulation Lab Coordinator in the designing of simulated learning experiences, to meet student learning objectives, in both the simulation and skills laboratory. Assists with the maintaining and ordering of laboratory supplies and non-capital equipment that is necessary for student learning experiences in the lab. Instructs and assists all nursing faculty in the use of equipment and the promotion of technology and simulation for student learning. This is a 9-month position during the academic year beginning in August.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages the overall operations of the Nursing Laboratory, under the direction of the Simulation Laboratory Coordinator.
- The Nursing Lab Coordinator will plan and implement simulation experiences designed to meet student learning objectives.
- Develops, maintains, and supports a nursing laboratory environment that promotes learning.
- Functions as a resource for faculty on the operation of laboratory equipment.
- Maintains updated inventory of all nursing laboratory equipment, supplies and media instructional materials.
- Provides oversight of simulation equipment, supplies, and media instructional materials, coordinating replenishment of stock and repairs with external vendors if needed.
- Provides orientation for new faculty and adjuncts who will be working in the nursing laboratory.
- Recommends the computer hardware and software, simulation equipment and instructional materials for the nursing laboratory.
- Teaches in the nursing laboratories as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements:
- MS in Nursing
- At least five (5) years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Previous simulation experience preferred
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict-management skills
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to lift and move laboratory equipment
- Ability to move about campus and other locations
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person and via electronic media
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
firstname.lastname@example.org - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.