Sr. BI Developer (S1194)
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Technology Solutions in Graduate and Professional Enrollment and Student Services. This position leads the efforts related to building OLAP, or online analytical processing and works with databases both relational and multidimensional. This job involves developing and fine tuning IT solutions including coding, testing, debugging, designing, and implementing newly developed tools. The candidate will help with the development and promotion of business intelligence functions within the Graduate and Professional Enrollment and Student Services Center. This candidate must have a strong background in Data Design, Data Integration, Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Data Modeling concepts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering or associated discipline or the equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Business Intelligence/Database Warehouse Architect and in combination with Database Analyst experience or other equivalent work experience.
- Familiarity with SSRS, SSAS, and SSIS, SQL, drill down reports, and query optimization is required.
- Knowledge of MuleSoft is preferred.
- Strong experience working with the ETL tools (design and development)
- Requires familiarity with tools like PowerBI, and Tableau.
- Familiarity with Oracle and PeopleSoft is a Plus.
- Working knowledge in projects involving data mining, data visualization, reporting, and dashboards is required.
- A solid knowledge of T-SQL.OLAP/MDX skills are preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification is a plus.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.