Director of Graduate Studies
Scope of Job
To provide strategic direction and management for graduate college admissions, recruitment, marketing and retention functions; and ensure the successful implementation of new strategies to increase graduate enrollment.
Description of Duties
• Oversees the operation and management of the Graduate College offices.
• Manages the recruitment, retention, and marketing functions of the graduate office, including event planning and execution.
• Continuously assesses, recommends, and implements improvements of processes and procedures.
• Assists the Dean of Graduate College in the implementation of strategic plans designed to increase graduate enrollment.
• Manages daily office operations for the Graduate College, including direct supervision of support staff.
• Manages the resolution of any issues that arise between college staff, students, staff, and faculty.
• Compiles and summarizes data for the preparation of reports; assists the Dean with data analysis that inform strategies related to target market developments, financial aid, and other enrollment management objectives.
• Administers departmental budgets.
• Oversees communications between the Graduate College and students.
• Oversees the management of the Graduate College’s CRM.
• Develops and maintain collaborative relationships with academic units and other relevant offices within UTRGV, including the Registrar, Financial Student Services, Alumni Relations, Marketing, and Communications.
• Serves as the primary liaison between the Graduate College and university departments.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Master’s degree from an accredited university.
Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in admissions and/or graduate recruitment office, including supervisory experience.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
Knowledge of marketing, communications, and strategic planning; enrollment management; student recruitment and retention strategies. Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with all components of the university and external constituents.
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.