The College of New Jersey seeks an MBA Director in coordination with the launch of the first graduate business program, slated for fall 2019. This cohort-based MBA program will serve early and mid-career professionals through blended coursework and face-to-face instruction six Saturdays per semester, within a tracked, T-style structure.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Recruitment, Enrollment, and Program Management
* Manage program admissions, including recruitment, prospect communication and tracking, and corporate outreach
* With appropriate TCNJ offices and School leadership, develop, implement, and manage strategic marketing initiatives to achieve enrollment goals. Monitor marketing budget and optimize program resources.
* Review applications for admission and make admissions recommendations to graduate committee
* Work with faculty to schedule MBA class offerings
* Work with Assessment Coordinator in finalizing and implementing MBA Assessment Plan.
* Develop and maintain all print and electronic program information, including updates to college bulletin
* Maintain and report data for AACSB accreditation and rankings, as well as annual program report
* Ensure adjunct MBA instructors meet School of Business faculty qualification standards
* Develop and maintain relationships with key college offices to ensure program success, such as Graduate Programs Office, College Advancement, Financial Aid, Records & Registration, and Career Center
Faculty and Student Support
* Ensure program quality, through continuous improvement and assurance of learning measures, periodic faculty evaluations, and facilitated communication among program stakeholders
* Monitor program retention, student progression and audit graduation applications
* Provide academic advising to graduate students
* IT liaison to support faculty and student needs
* Support co-curricular activities, such as site visits and guest engagements
* Supervise part-time, student support
Qualifications and Requirements
* Master's Degree required, preferably in business discipline
* Minimum of three (3) years of related MBA program experience, preferably with an AACSB-accredited program
* Knowledge of trends and best practices in graduate business education
* Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
* Ability to work collaboratively with Department Chairs, faculty, and staff, as well as with colleagues across the campus community
This position has the state title Director and is a non-aligned position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with education and experience.
This position includes a comprehensive benefits package with health, dental, and prescription plans as well as a generous vacation and sick leave allowances.
About The College of New Jersey
Founded in 1855, The College of New Jersey (TCNJ), ranked one of the 100 Best Colleges to Work by The Chronicle of Higher Education, is a highly selective, comprehensive, residential institution recognized as one of the outstanding public colleges in the country. TCNJ has earned national recognition for its commitment to excellence. Emphasizing a residential experience for its nearly 6,000 undergraduates, TCNJ is one of Barron's 75 "Most Competitive" American colleges, and U.S. News & World Report's No. 1 public institution of its kind in the northern region of the country. The College also offers focused graduate programs in nursing, education and English, with new MBA and public health programs in development.
A strong liberal arts core forms the foundation for programs offered through TCNJ's seven schools - Arts & Communication; Business; Humanities & Social Sciences; Education; Science; Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science; and Engineering. TCNJ faculty members are teacher-scholars who share a commitment to liberal learning. TCNJ is located within an hour, by train, of NYC and Philadelphia. The College's campus is set on 289 tree-lined acres in suburban Ewing Township and is known for its natural beauty. TCNJ has 39 major buildings, including the 4th-best college library in the nation, according to the Princeton Review. The School of Business, ranked a Top 50 Undergraduate Business School by Poets & Quants, enrolls over 1100 undergraduate majors. For more information, visit www.tcnj.edu.
Qualified candidates should apply online through TCNJ's online applicant portal and include a letter of interest, resume, and three references. Resume review will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate has been identified. Final offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply.