Accounts Payable Specialist - Business Office (S062)
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
This position is responsible for various accounts payable duties in the Business Office. This position provides direct support for processing the day-to-day vendor invoice and payment obligations. This includes processing all types of requests for payment i.e., Vendor Invoices, contracts, independent contractor pay requests, Expense Reimbursements, Check Requests, Trusts, Annuities and Utility Bills. Other business operations/clerical duties are to be completed as assigned.
- High school graduate, additional education in business or accounting desirable.
- Two-three years of accounts payable experience in a high-volume company, preferably higher education.
- Experience in working cross-departments for vendor and customer relations.
- Experience in excellent vendor invoice and customer related problem-solving skills
- Experience in sharing responsibility with a team to reach a common goal including working collaboratively and cooperatively with team members.
- Experience in multi-task work and focus on the detail in a high-volume, busy environment.
- Experience in communicating with all levels of an organization using strong oral and written skills.
- Experience in and understanding of general ledger account numbers, independent contractors, sales and use tax regulations, W-9 and CA Non-Res 587 requirements and general reporting in accordance to GAAP.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Perform analysis and processing of various types of accounts payable transactions including Vendor invoices, Check Requests, contracts, Trusts, Annuities, Expense Reimbursements, independent contractor pay requests, Utility and Insurance bills.
- Reviews and monitors for proper authorizations and timely payments by choosing the proper payment method with the vendor i.e. check, ACH, Wire, credit card.
- Perform accurate recording to the accounting system of all payment requests in accordance with university policies and procedures and GAAP.
- Provides professional customer service in all interactions with proper greetings, service and performance of the transaction.
- Provides assistance to both internal and external customers for problem-solving, training, and education.
- Works collaboratively and cooperatively with co-workers in a busy, close environment focused on the goal for team success with the responsibility of fostering a positive team spirit.
- Contributes to the overall success of the Business Office by performing all other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Performs other duties as required by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.