Assistant Professor of Social Work
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for a full-time Assistant Professor of Social Work faculty position beginning August 2018. This is an 11- month, tenure-track position to serve as the Field Director for both our current undergraduate Social Work degree program and an MSW program scheduled to begin in the Summer 2019.
Our growing undergraduate CSWE-accredited undergraduate social work program has both day and evening programs and campuses in Lincoln and Omaha, Nebraska. The MSW program will offer evening classes initially on the Lincoln campus. The ideal applicant for this position will have knowledge of and relationships with social and human service agencies in the Lincoln and Omaha areas and teaching experience in one or more areas of social work practice. Possible areas of teaching in the social work curriculum may include: research-informed practice, group practice, human behavior and the social environment, and macro practice. Opportunities exist to teach courses in area of applicant’s specialization. Applicants should be interested in working with both traditional and non-traditional student populations.
Teaching load will initially be three courses in a traditional semester which may also consist of eight-week sessions with courses delivered in an accelerated, evening format. The Field Director is responsible for overseeing field practicum site agencies, training of field instructors, and complying with requirements of field education put forth by the Council on Social Work Education. The successful applicant will report to the Chair of the Social Work Department. NWU is a liberal arts university whose faculty is expected to excel at teaching and be active in both scholarship and service.
· A MSW degree from a CSWE-accredited program with at least four years of post-Masters social work experience is required.
· Doctorate in social work or closely related discipline or plans to pursue such a degree is desirable.
· Eligibility for or current certification and/or licensure as a social worker in the State of Nebraska.
· Familiarity with Canvas course technology or similar LMS software is a plus.
· History of engaged involvement with NASW is preferred
· Excellent interpersonal and teaching skills required.
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively with faculty and students is essential.
· A valid driver’s license and access to transportation are required.
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references to [email protected] Review of applications will begin immediately with a submission deadline of May 4, 2018.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu