The Office of Human Resources at Lewis University invites applications for a Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and Compensation Analyst to be responsible for data integrity, design and implementation of testing system changes, report writing and analysis of workflow for process improvement. The HRIS and Compensation Analyst will benchmark best practices, analytics and driving internal metrics for optimal performance. In addition, this position will be oversee the university's compensation programs and be responsible for assisting in the review policy, evaluation and design, market pricing and compensation benchmarking.
Lewis University is an innovative and entrepreneurial Catholic university offering market-relevant undergraduate and graduate programs to 6,500 students. Sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, Lewis University is nationally recognized for preparing intellectually engaged, ethically grounded, globally connected and socially responsible graduates. For additional information on Lewis as an institution, please see our website at http://www.lewisu.edu.
The Office of Human Resources
We encourage applications from individuals who are passionate about diversity and inclusion. We seek individuals who are committed to enhancing our growth in those areas. Our office provides leadership and guidance in the development, implementation and administration of policies and procedures, thus fostering a positive work environment. We never forget to see the human side of our work and always maintain respect for the individual. We are looking for a team member who embodies those values.
- Provides analytical and technical support to the Human Resources Division in pursuit of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) initiatives and other HRIS-related responsibilities
- Primary contact for implementing Banner and PeopleAdmin upgrades
- Conduct user acceptance testing as part of the information system upgrade process
- Will support the Associate Vice President for Human Resources in department and program assessments, data analysis and reporting
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, detects, identifies and corrects technical problems and deficiencies
- Maintain data integrity for Lewis' compensation system
- Runs and creates reports as needed
- Participate in internal and external data surveys for HR
- Develop end user training documents for ease of HRIS system use
- Participates in the development of, and advises management on, information technology strategy and technology deployment
- Maintain HR portal and update as needed
- Responsible for monthly training webinars through EAP and In2vate
- Support the annual staff evaluation process by coaching managers and employees in performance management, leadership and employee development curricula, and talent reviews
- Provide guidance to management regarding the consistent and effective use of best practices in talent assessment and selection
- Increase candidate flow and implement creative, current and relevant recruiting initiatives by applying knowledge of social media and web-recruiting to attract high-quality candidates
- Maintain effective relationships with social and professional networks to source qualified candidates and then nurture the relationships with prospective talent
- Provide programs for faculty and staff that will affect campus culture as this position supports the Sanctified Zone's mission of providing a people and place where diversity is valued in a safe and nurturing environment
- Responsible for business process improvement in collaboration with the Admin Systems department
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's degree required; One to three years human resources experience performing a technical role. A strong computer technical background and knowledge of HRIS systems, web technology and database applications. Ability to create spreadsheets, reports and perform statistical data analysis from gathered data. Experience and demonstrated ability to work with broad segments of a university community-faculty, staff, students. Ability to be an effective team member who can foster strong relationships across organizational boundaries. Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, speaking and writing. Excellent problem solving skills. Must be able to keep highly confidential information. Must have an aptitude to work in a highly busy and dynamic environment with the ability to grow in other areas as needed. Will consider a combination of skills and experience that demonstrates candidate's ability to perform functions proficiently.
Preferred Qualifications: PHR/SPHR certification preferred; Master's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field. Experience with Banner/Ellucian enterprise software; Project management experience a plus; Able to work independently without supervision. Experience working in a higher education setting.
Application Process: Interested applicants can view a full description of this position and apply online at http://jobs.lewisu.edu/postings/3155
Inspired by the Universities Mission values of Wisdom, Knowledge, Justice, Fidelity and Association, the Lewis Community declares that Lewis is a Sanctified Zone where people are committed to working to end racism, bias and prejudice by valuing diversity in a safe and nurturing environment.
Lewis University, sponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers, is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity. Applicants of a diverse background are highly encouraged to apply, however applications will only be accepted from individuals currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the United States.