Lab Technician, Nursing
Job ID 601811
Location Green Bay
Department: Health Sciences & Education Reports To: Associate Dean, Nursing
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Amount of Travel Required: 3 - 4 days per month
Union Code: ESS
Positions Supervised: None
Salary Grade: C
LOCATION: Green Bay Campus
STANDARD HOURS: 37.5 hours per week; Typical hours Monday- Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Flexibility required to include other evening and/or weekend hours as necessary.
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY*: $20.11/hour
*Current benefit eligible employees will be placed within the pay range based on their current rate/range.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
Responsible for scheduling Skills Evaluators and students for skill check off sessions, maintenance of equipment, ordering supplies, preparation of the material and equipment to support the competencies being covered on a daily basis in the lab. Serve as liaison between the faculty, staff and students through cross-functional team participation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Responsible for the preparation of materials and equipment required for the courses and the competencies covered on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsibilities will include the Green Bay, Marinette, Sturgeon Bay, and Shawano Campuses.
- Monitor expenses to ensure operation within budget.
- Collect lab usage data.
- Create student check off schedule
- Ensure Skill Evaluator or Faculty staffing for student check offs.
- Monitor status of equipment to ensure availability for student check offs.
- Collaborate with faculty teaching the skills courses to ensure equipment is current to clinical site equipment.
- Orient new staff/faculty/students to lab policies and safety practices; establish and enforce lab policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the repair and maintenance of equipment to ensure there are adequate resources for student use.
- Responsible for ordering consumables and supplies to ensure the labs are properly equipped and students and instructor have adequate material for all courses.
- Responsible for the maintenance and appearance of labs.
- Perform lab safety inspections to determine and eliminate area of risk.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Competency Statement(s)
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College's values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success - Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Technical diploma or Associate degree in healthcare related field. Experience: Two years related experience in healthcare field.
*An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge of supply and demand, purchasing, staffing and scheduling concepts.
Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under the District's standard insurance policy terms.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Lift/Carry
Stand F (Frequently)
Stand F (Frequently) Walk F (Frequently)
Walk F (Frequently) Sit F (Frequently)
Sit F (Frequently) Handling / Fingering F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering F (Frequently) Reach Outward O (Occasionally)
Reach Outward O (Occasionally) Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder O (Occasionally) Climb N (Not Applicable)
Climb N (Not Applicable) Crawl N (Not Applicable)
Crawl N (Not Applicable) Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally) Bend O (Occasionally) Bend O (Occasionally)
- (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
- (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Safety Protection as needed for the job.)
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent
a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.