Cook I - Dining Services (S356)
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
Responsible for all items prepared in the kitchen of a foodservice establishment. Portions and prepares food items prior to cooking as well as cooking items. Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen work station.
- High School diploma
- ServSafe Certification
- Minimum 3 years professional cooking experience required, including: thickening techniques, soup and sauce classification and production, sauté, stir fry, deep-frying, grilling, broiling, roasting, steaming, braising & stewing, cold food production, and food presentation and garnishing standards.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- High volume food preparation and cooking, following established recipes and production system.
- Maintain production and usage records as required.
- Maintain high sanitary, hygienic, and safety standards and conditions, adhering to HACCP & LA Dept. of Health guidelines. Includes cleanliness & maintenance of kitchen & equipment.
- Directs work assignments of support staff in cooks' area in absence of Cook I.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times.
- General cleaning and other food service duties as requested by management.
- Maintains compliance with APU mission, vision, positional statements and other policies and procedures.
- Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Required to work varied work schedules to include evenings, weekends, and holidays in support of operational needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Grade 5: $16.11 - $20.94/hour
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.