Business Systems Analyst, Business Intelligence
A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, Azusa Pacific University is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at six regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America's Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
APU is seeking employees who desire to engage in our thriving culture by cultivating community through professional interactions, demonstrating a posture of lifelong learning, and modeling Christ-like character. Working together, employees at APU commit to establishing a university atmosphere that is edifying to God and to one another.
The Business Systems Analyst, Business Intelligence (BSA) is primarily responsible for leading the Business Intelligence (BI) product area for the Undergraduate Enrollment Technology Solutions team (UGETS) in Undergraduate Enrollment (UG EMS). The BSA will enhance and facilitate technology innovation and efficiency improvement, and will serve as the technology lead in their product area for EMS. As part of the overall federated IT model, the BSA will work closely with the Platform Product Manager in IMT to leverage and extend the platform for UG's needs. The BSA will also be responsible for developing effective reports and dashboards to help drive strategic university decision making, including extracting and visually organizing data from enterprise software for use by UG EMS leadership. This position will help provide some technical support for the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), and contribute to the design of Dimensional Data Models and ETL for the BI program. This position requires technical and analytical skill, high functional knowledge, communication, coordination, and innovation.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration, Business Systems, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, or similar.
- Three to five years of database reporting experience with student information systems or related database reporting experience, PS Query and BI Publisher preferred.
- Two to five years of experience with business intelligence models and data visualization tools such as Tableau, Domo, Power BI, or similar.
- Intermediate SQL query writing experience in an Oracle Server environment.
- Three to five years of experience in an enrollment management ERP environment, PeopleSoft Campus Solutions preferred.
- Experience with IDEs such as Oracle SQL Developer, Aqua Data Studio, or similar.
- Two to five years of experience with data mining tools such as Rapid Miner or Oracle Data Miner preferred.
- Experience in an Agile development environment preferred.
- Knowledge of IT systems in general and experience troubleshooting basic client issues.
- Strong customer service experience with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Experience with incident, configuration and change management.
- Experience with programming languages such as VBScript, Java, or Python a plus.
Grade 11: $28.53 - $37.09 hourly
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.