Research Analyst/Senior Research Analyst
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: March 1, 2018
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Research Analyst/Senior Research Analyst
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Office of Planning, Assessment, and Institutional Effectiveness
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to Assistant Dean of Planning, Assessment, and Institutional Effectiveness, the Senior Research Analyst will generate data for various campus initiatives and conduct qualitative and quantitative data analyses using SPSS. Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Collect, extract, and manipulate large data sets from various sources; and incorporate applied research methods to analyze data, including appropriate interpretation of analysis results in support of the college’s planning, decision-making, strategic planning, and reaccreditation activities;
- Develop statistical analysis using SPSS or SAS and complex automated information systems such as PeopleSoft, EXCEL, and PowerPoint to perform educational research studies; and assist administrators, faculty and staff in the implementation of such studies, and in gathering and compiling statistics relating to the educational environment;
- Coordinate and produce ongoing departmental publications of Study of Graduates, Student Profile, WCC at a Glance, while supporting the production of Fact Book for use by college administrators, faculty and staff in decision-making;
- Assist in designing and/or administering internal and external surveys such as Non-Returning Student Survey, Graduate Survey, Institutional Effectiveness Assessment Surveys, CCSSE, SOS by further analyzing and distributing compiled survey results;
- Perform related tasks to ensure the successful completion of assigned projects as well as State mandated reporting – NYSED, and external requirements such as Common Data Set, AAUP, VFA, NCCBP, College Board, Petersons, Wintergreen, etc.;
- Work collaboratively with other departments in the college to support the ongoing development of data collection systems for the review of academic and non-academic programs and the assessment of education and institutional effectiveness;
- Develop, implement and produce various reports utilizing data from the National Student Clearinghouse;
- Perform other tasks, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and four years of related experience (pre or post-Bachelor’s Degree) where the primary function of the position was the performance of complex statistical research studies and analyses using SPSS or SAS is required. A Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Sociology, Public Administration, Business Administration or Economics preferred and may be substituted for one year of the required experience. The preferred candidate will possess the following experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and attributes:
- Excellent knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analyses, including proficiency in using SPSS or SAS and complex automated information systems;
- Excellent knowledge of research methodologies, data collection techniques, and the ability to gather and collect statistical research and draw logical conclusions;
- Ability to design statistical tables, produce graphs and charts, and interpret reporting procedures to effectively communicate with college constituents;
- Data oriented and accurate with ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines; thoroughness; resourcefulness; initiative; good judgment; tact; dependability; and data integrity;
- Clear, concise and accurate oral and written reports.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $73,383, plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Candidates can send a letter expressing interest in this position, a resume, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "CODE: IHE" and “Senior Research Analyst” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, New York 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.