Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions
Wells College seeks an Assistant Director of Transfer Admissions who will take the lead in developing and executing a recruitment plan for prospecting, selecting, and enrolling the undergraduate transfer class.
The Assistant Director recruits students from primary markets and community colleges; evaluates applications and recommends admissions decisions; communicates and interprets Wells College programs and admissions criteria to students, families, and counselors. This staff member also assists with coordinating transfer admissions communications across all platforms, managing a recruitment budget, expanding the recruitment territory, enhancing conversion and yield efforts for transfers, effectively collaborating with the Registrar and academic advising staff to conduct credit evaluations and ultimately ensuring that transfer students seamlessly transition to Wells. We are looking for a dynamic, goal-oriented leader who will foster creative partnerships with regional organizations and community colleges and shares a vision of increasing transfer student enrollment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/TASKS:
- Serve as primary contact for prospective transfer students and their families.
- Coordinate all outreach activities, prospect follow-up and yield initiatives for transfer recruiting; set performance goals and evaluate effectiveness of recruitment efforts.
- Act as primary liaison and advisor for transfer marketing, communications and advertising campaigns.
- Develop and create activities related to establishing strong relationships with community colleges.
- Actively participate in regional professional associations and chapters to build networks and strong partnerships between Wells College and regional organizations.
- Represent Wells College at various college fairs, transfer fairs, campus visits, personal connection interviews, host receptions, and alumnae events. Plan and execute travel including marketing collateral needs as well as budget and logistics. Extensive travel and weekend work required.
- Provide high quality customer service to prospective students and families. Correspond and maintain connections with prospective students through letters, phone calls, text messages, interviews, e-mail and personal visits. Determine decision-making path for individual students and help answer their specific questions about Wells College via personal and targeted marketing communications.
- Review applications from transfer students and render admissions decisions.
- Assist with the preparation of course-by-course transfer credit evaluations for prospective and accepted transfer students.
- Counsel applicants, students, and their families about available sources of financial assistance (including institutional, state, and federal aid as well as loan options), eligibility requirements, and application procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, able to handle confidential information in a professional manner, detail oriented, stellar public speaking skills, superior networking skills, able to work unsupervised and take initiative on projects as well as to see projects through completion, capable of seeing the big picture and understanding divisional goals to prioritize work accordingly, able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and meet goals and deadlines. Contribute to a collegial, goal-oriented, and positive work environment. Must be able to travel frequently and have access to automobile. Valid driver's license is required. Able to see, hear and speak effectively to perform the required tasks of the position.
Bachelor’s degree required (from a private, liberal arts college preferred).
Minimum two years’ experience in college admission required.
At least one year experience working with transfer student populations preferred.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree.
- Sales experience, strong business acumen, and experience working in a goal-oriented environment.
- Proficiency with technology - including Microsoft Word, Excel, database systems, CRM systems (specifically Slate by Technolutions), etc.
- Territory management experience.
- Familiarity with community colleges and transfer policies.
- Ability to mine and analyze data to inform decision making.
- Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
*Option for 11-month obligation available
Wells College is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons. The College seeks to promote diversity in all of its hires; members of under-represented populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications should be submitted online at www.wells.edu/employment and include a cover letter, resume, and names of three references with contact information. Previous Candidate need not re-apply.