Director of Human Resources
Lead the HR department and be a subject matter expert on all HR related topics. Serve as a strategic HR business partner for the College. Function as a Cabinet member and advisor to the President of Morton College. Create and execute strategic planning for various HR topics and projects. Assume other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Operations.
• Administer, interpret, and enforce the CBAs for all union groups.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all Union and employee related issues.
• Lead the negotation team in all collective bargaining.
• Conduct sensitive investigations into Naional Labor Relations Board (NLRB) matters. Respond to all NLRB charges in a timely manner.
• Write, approve, and/or review all workplace policies, procedures, and rules with the Administration.
• Serve as the Title IX Coordinator for Morton College.
• CoordinateTitle IX and investigate Equal Employment Opportunity Commission(EEOC) issues in a confidental and expedient manner.
• Enforce Federal, State, and local laws, as well as Morton College Board policies.
• Create Affirmative Action Plans and generate EEOC reports.
• Serve as the Chief Diversity Officer for Morton College.
• Create and execute strategic plans to attract, maintain, and retain top talent.
• Develop a recruiting approach to fill openings within an acceptable time frame.
• Use HRIS to monitor position management throughout the College.
• Generate reports related to all aspects of staffing.
• Maintain the Morton College performance management system.
• Create, monitor, and maintain all job descriptions for every position at Morton College.
• Insure that Employee records are being maintained according to existing laws and policies
Compensation and Benefits
• Create and maintain a Total Rewards strategy for Morton College.
• Conduct annual salary surveys and benefit needs analysis to insure alignment with Morton College Total Rewards philosophy.
• Monitor and maintain employee benefit programs and ensure compliance with legislation and policy.
• Review all Employee Benefit programs and make recommendations for changes or retention annually.
Training and Development
• Review and approve all professional development funds for eligible employees.
• Produce development programs for employee groups.
• Conduct training sessions on HR topics for all employee groups.
• Maintain records of all employee education and training as it occurs.
• Assume fiduciary responsibility for the HR budget and all line items related to HR issues.
• Assist with the strategic planning for the organization.
• Ensure that the organization operates in an ethical and lawful manner.
• Reduce risk and exposure to the College by assisting the Board Attorney.
• Conduct periodic HR Audits to monitor compliance.