Medical Office Coordinator
Working Title: Medical Office Coordinator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 03-19-2018
The Department of Radiology & Medical Imaging is seeking a full-time Medical Office Coordinator. The Medical Office Coordinator serves as an organizational, administrative, and problem-solving contact for the Clinical Revenue Cycle function in the Department of Radiology & Medical Imaging.
The Medical Officer Coordinator is responsible for efficiently and accurately gathering and entering patient demographic and insurance information into hospital systems for outside business. The position coordinates data collection, verification, entry, and reporting, as well as other activities involving patients, insurance providers, and other medical support personnel.
In addition, the position provides administrative support and works in collaboration with others in a team environment to perform service and support responsibilities for the Clinical Revenue Cycle function.
Qualified candidates must have a High School Diploma or equivalent and at least two years of general office/administrative experience, including data entry experience. In addition, candidates must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Successful candidates will have strong organizational and administrative abilities and exceptional customer skills. They will possess excellent interpersonal skills, specifically oral and written communication skills, and have the ability to effectively communicate and work with staff and management.
In addition, successful candidates will be detail-oriented, dependable, thorough, demonstrate accuracy in completing assignments, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy office environment. The incumbent will able to work independently and as part of a team. Finally, the successful incumbent will have the ability to work with and maintain confidentiality of patient and patient account data.
The preferred candidate will have experience and knowledge:
*Working in healthcare
*Working with patients and/or in a customer service-related capacity
*Utilizing registration software
*Utilizing EPIC and database systems.
This is a restricted position and contingent on future funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong organizational and administrative abilities
2. Detail-oriented, thorough, accurate in completing assignments, and dependable
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks in a busy office environment
4. Exceptional customer service skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills, specifically oral and written communication skills; ability to effectively communicate and work with staff and management
6. Data entry skills and abilities, including speed and accuracy
7. Ability to receive, prioritize, and act on tasks with minimal supervision and direction
8. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
9. Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality of patient and patient account data
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84130