The Associate Controller provides support to the daily operations of the Financial Services Office. The position provides direction, training and supervision of staff and budget planning and development, under the direction of the University Controller. The Associate Controller will use various financial models to analyze and forecast budget control.
- Provide support and assist the Vice President of Finance and Controller with the daily operations of the Financial Services Office.
- Provide operational direction and staff oversight in the Financial Services Office.
- In collaboration with senior administrators in Financial Services, assist VP of Finance and Controller in carrying out goals of the Financial Services Office and University’s financial goals.
- Conduct research across a broad spectrum of financial, investment and business operations in support of a wide variety of University activities.
- Review current accounting and budgeting systems, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with audit requirements and applicable policies, rules, and regulations.
- Recommend and ensure implementation of corrective action, policy improvements and/or procedural changes, as appropriate.
- Minimum 10 years experience in financial oversight of a medium size company.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field of business, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Higher Education or non-profit organization.
- Expertise in financial and accounting practices and reporting, including chart of accounts design, asset management, ledger, budgeting, payables and receivables, purchasing and expense management.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of GAAP. -Knowledge of current and emerging trends in financial technologies and analytical tools, and issues.
Read full description through Chapman employment website. Chapman University is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community. The University is dedicated to enhancing diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. The University is committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.