Faculty Affairs Senior Coordinator
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Office of Faculty Affairs
Faculty Affairs Senior Coordinator (Academic Services Senior Professional)
Position #724044 - Requisition 12977
The Office of Faculty Affairs has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Faculty Affairs Senior Coordinator (Academic Services Senior Professional) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Faculty Affairs Sr. Coordinator, hereinafter referred to as the Sr. Coordinator, under direction from the Director of Faculty Affairs, is primarily responsible for coordinating and managing the processes involved in faculty hires, appointments, promotions, tenure requests, resignations, sabbaticals and other faculty "actions" for over 5,000 faculty by analyzing, evaluating, developing and implementing work processes to effectively complete the faculty action processes and achieve program efficiencies. This position must interpret and implement rules, regulations, policies and other guidelines to achieve objectives; serve as the primary liaison between the Office of Faculty Affairs and administrative staff from all 23 departments within the School of Medicine in order to disseminate information regarding policies and guidelines; and independently answer program-specific questions.
Examples of Work Performed: Specific duties and responsibilities of the Coordinator may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Facilitation and Coordination of Faculty Action Processes:
- Manages all aspects of the Faculty Action process, which includes management of the Faculty Information Management System (FIMS) database. FIMS houses demographic and other faculty appointment information related to all faculty members within the School of Medicine. FIMS contains information that is crucial to accomplishing the missions of the School of Medicine.
- Manages and coordinates the completion process for all approved faculty actions, which involves updating the database with new or changed information, production of informational letters, and filing of all paperwork.
- Manages the electronic file system (OnBase) for all faculty files.
- Manages the faculty reappointment process, which involves performing data queries and disseminating and receiving back information regarding faculty reappointments.
- Creates data queries from the FIMS database as needed related to faculty appointments.
Facilitation and Coordination of Faculty Appointments, Promotions and Tenure Processes:
- The SOM Faculty Promotions Committee reviews approximately 200 dossiers per year, using the Interfolio platform. Duties related to this system include coordinating, organizing and managing the submission, routing and approval processes of the faculty dossiers.
- Develops and manages the dossier templates used within Interfolio.
- Manages and coordinates the training of all faculty and administrative staff that uses the system.
- There are multiple dossier templates that are utilized, and approximately 180 faculty and 100 administrative staff are involved in the system each year, either compiling or submitting dossiers for approval. This position provides essential communication for the effective use of this system by all parties.
- Performs an analysis of the system on an ongoing basis, and makes changes to processes as required.
- Conducts an end-of-year analysis of the demographics of the faculty that were reviewed.
- Reviews and analyzes faculty job description to ensure that the duties/responsibilities are appropriate for the title/level.
Facilitation and Coordination of all Office of Faculty Affairs Activities:
- Facilitates/coordinates all workshops, seminars, and program reviews managed by the Office of Faculty Affairs, e.g., the Annual New Faculty Career Development Workshop, Faculty Senate meetings, meetings related to LCME accreditation committees, in addition to other programs, as needed.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, Project Management or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Two (2) years of experience managing complex projects, which included developing, managing and implementing work processes.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for the specific experience.
- Experience working in an academic and/or health science center environment.
- Experience working directly with faculty appointments.
- Database management experience.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Higher level organizational skills with the ability to establish work priorities and provide follow through to ensure completion of activities, both individually and assisting others with work tasks.
- Knowledge of, or ability to, become fully competent in computer programs essential to the Office of Faculty Affairs, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), HCM payroll system, and ByCommittee P&T program. Adaptability to new electronic programs and tools is essential.
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter, with a proven ability to organize and follow through multiple complex tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Cheryl Welch at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by March 26, 2018. Those who do not apply by March 26, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20029 - SOM - Dean-School of Medicine
Posting Date: Mar 19, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Cheryl Welch
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00724044