University of Colorado School of Medicine
Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics
Child Health Associate and Physician Assistant Program
Position #744357 - Requisition #12948
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The Department of Pediatrics, Child Health Associate and Physician Assistant Program has an opening for a part time (.6) faculty member. This position will teach Physician Assistant courses and assist with administrative functions of the program.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Serve as course director for courses within the Program.
- Assume primary teaching/administrative responsibility for courses.
- Develop syllabus, objectives, teaching strategies and assessments.
- Serve as small group facilitator in core courses.
- Serve as guest lecturer in Program and Institutional courses as invited.
- Attend regular and special faculty meetings.
- Assist with development and administration of assessment cases for 1st-3rd year students at the CAPE Center.
- Serve as file reviewer and faculty interviewer for the admissions process.
- Assist with development and implementation of new curriculum model.
- Serve on CHA/PA program committees.
- Participate in ongoing program self-evaluation and improvement.
- Participate in scholarly activities that will result in publication and/or presentation at regional and national meetings.
- Serve as student advisor for a small cohort of students.
- Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates may be responsible for travel expenses, unless approved by the CHA/PA Program, as related to the interview process and/or any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $50,000-$56,000 commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Master's degree.
- Graduate of an accredited PA program.
- Current NCCPA certification.
- Two years academic experience, which may be fulfilled by precepting.
- Three years clinical experience.
Condition of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background check
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Professional, academic, and administrative/management achievement.
- Knowledge of subject matter and curricular design.
- Knowledge of learning theory and experience applying the knowledge of instructional design.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- High level critical/conceptual thinking to participate in design, development, review, and evaluation of course materials.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organization.
- Analytical skills including attention to detail and strong problem-solving ability.
- Self-starter, reliable, and must have a strong work ethic.
- Primary care experience.
- Teaching experience in a PA program.
- Development of curricular content.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Required Application Materials: When applying at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV or resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references. Questions should be directed to Nichole Crockett at email@example.com.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 11, 2018 Applications will be accepted until the position is closed, and full consideration will be given to complete applications received before the position is closed. Those applicants who do not apply before the position is closed, may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20878 - SOM-PEDS CHAP-GenOps
Posting Date: Mar 19, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Nichole Crockett
Posting Contact Email: Nichole.Crockett@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00744357