Database/Web Application Developer (Open-Rank)
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine | Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes
Database/Web Application Developer (Open Rank) (IT Professional)
Position #744185 - Requisition 12931
The Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Database/Web Application Developer (Open Rank) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family develop, maintain, and support computer systems, software and networks. Functions include enterprise operations, distributed computing, academic computing, research computing, computer hardware and software management, computer and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.
Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Compose datasets for research, management, and clinical care purposes with special emphasis on identifications of subjects eligible for specific research protocols.
- Perform/monitor weekly EPIC data feed procedures to BDC data warehouse and make necessary modifications on the data tables in order to accommodate further data querying requirements.
- Monitor integrity/quality of imported data and provide feedback to sources to improve data quality.
- Develop/modify internal web applications as needed.
- Understanding of version control systems, preferably Team Foundation Server.
- Limited IT troubleshooting (servers).
- Maintain and enhance existing C# applications, websites, databases and user interfaces.
- Design, develop and implement new web applications, databases, and APIs.
- Design, code and test enhancement change requests and bug fixes as assigned.
- Test all work carefully in multiple browsers to insure compatibility.
- Maintain code base in Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Create and maintain database integration processes and troubleshoot when necessary.
- Work with data owners to develop customized reports and dashboards.
- Provide SharePoint development and support.
- Provide end-user support for the suite of applications the team owns.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $48,624 - $50,000 for entry-level appointments, $49,000 - $52,000 for intermediate appointments and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
For Entry-Level Appointment:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, management/computer information systems, computer engineering, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
Substitution: Technical or professional IT experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree.
For Intermediate Level Appointment:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, management/computer information systems, computer engineering, information technology, or a directly related field from an accredited institution AND (1) year of progressively responsible, professional web application and database development experience.
Substitution: Technical or professional IT experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree, but not for the one year of professional experience.
- Experience working with responsive and adaptive design.
- Experience working with REST API development and integration.
- Experience working with Microsoft SharePoint.
- Experience with end user support.
- Experience working with Visual Studio 2005 or higher development and MS SQL server 2005 or higher administration.
- Experience working in a multi-tiered environment.
- Two (2) or more years of database management experience.
- Previous experience in healthcare.
- Previous experience working with EMR systems.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience developing web applications including user experience and user interface design.
- Experience or training with best software development practices and use of development, test, and production environments.
- Experience with enterprise database management system (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2).
- Committed to vigorously testing all code.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professional service oriented and interested in taking ownership of their work including being meticulous and detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize as needed.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently or on a team.
- Strong project/task management skills.
- Strong basic computer support skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Shelby Potter at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICAITON DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20061 - SOM-Barbara Davis Center
Posting Date: Mar 19, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Shelby Potter
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00744185