Library Applications Developer
Requisition # 2017-8174
Department Library Information Technology
Category Information Technology
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Princeton University Library is one of the world's leading research libraries, serving a diverse community of 5,200 undergraduates, 2,700 graduate students, 1,200 faculty members, and many visiting scholars. Its holdings include more than 7 million printed volumes, 5 million manuscripts, 2 million non-print items, and extensive collections of digital text, data, and images.
As a member of the Library Web Development Team within the Information Technology Department the successful candidate will work with our growing team of software developers and operations staff on the development, maintenance, and deployment of our varied portfolio of Library web applications. The primary focus of this position is the implementation, maintenance, and testing of the Library's database driven content management system (CMS) applications. The position also supports a wide variety of vendor applications and in-house applications used to run the day to day business operations of the Library.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Related Field
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience developing with two of the following programming languages, PHP, Ruby, or Python.
- Experience with module/plug-in development with Drupal, Wordpress, or a similar content management system
- Proficiency with Relational Databases and SQL
- Proficiency with UNIX/Linux
- Proficiency with either Nginx or Apache
- Competency with Git/Github for source code version control and collaboration
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Test Driven Development
Note: This is a two year term position.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
This is a two year term position
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.