RESEARCH SPECIALIST A
Duties: We are seeking a research specialist to work on a joint project in the laboratories of Geoffrey Aguirre (https://cfn.upenn.edu/aguirre) and David Brainard (https://color.psych.upenn.edu) at the University of Pennsylvania. This research examines the properties of the photopigment melanopsin in humans, using psychophysics, fMRI and pupillometry. A particular goal is to understand the perceptual correlates of selective melanopsin stimulation alone and in interaction with the cones, and to determine if melanopsin stimulation contributes to the sensation of photophobia in clinical disorders.
The research specialist will be responsible for recruiting and testing healthy control subjects and people with light sensitivity.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contacting and screening candidate subjects
- Communicating with the IRB and other regulatory agencies
- Administering eye drops and measurements of visual function
- Working with computer programs written in Matlab to collect data
- Carefully documenting and archiving the data
- Completing some initial analyses of data
- Calibrating visual presentation equipment
- Drafting reports
Position is contingent on continued funding.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree and 0 to 1 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Reference Number: 40-28264
Salary Grade: 024
Employment Type: Exempt
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research