RESEARCH PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR
Duties: The Coordinator B will provide support to critical research initiatives within the EVD/CSO office.
Activities will include:
* Tracking issues and ensuring effective, timely follow-up;
* Developing written materials - including email, meeting agendas and minutes, and status reports - for a range of scientific audiences;
* Creating social media and web site content;
* Strategic event planning;
* Querying, analyzing and reporting data via Excel and other institutional databases;
* Synthesizing scientific information, drafting and editing documents and communication regarding scientific administration;
* Providing efficient scheduling support; and
* Ad hoc problem solving.
The Coordinator is expected to:
* Provide administrative and analytic support on matters related to program planning and management;
* Implement tools to assess and manage research and space productivity, interact with faculty/staff to solve operational problems;
* Serve as administrative liaison to PSOM research core facilities and core facility leadership, utilizing knowledge of each core's scientific foundation;
* Support PSOM research integration activities;
* Create content and identify appropriate subject matter (including grants and publications) for EVD/CSO social media, web site and events calendar using a range of web-based tools;
* Provide support in the distribution of high-level communications;
* Interact with Penn Medicine faculty, staff, architects and other key stakeholders; and
* Implement a wide range of decisions and plans developed by the Director of Research Integration, Associate Dean for Research Integration, EVD/CSO and senior faculty and staff.
This role requires:
* Quantitative and qualitative analytic and critical thinking skills;
* Clear and professional written and oral communication;
* Ability to maintain effective organizational, time management and prioritization systems independently;
* Facility with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; social media platforms; and institutional databases; and
* An energetic, self-motivated, positive approach.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 3 to 5 yrs of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Ideal candidate will have strong quantitative and qualitative analytic and critical thinking skills. Ideal candidate will exhibit the ability to utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; social media platforms; and institutional databases in a highly skilled, organized, efficient and accurate manner. Ideal candidate must demonstrate clear and professional written and oral communication, as well as the ability to maintain superior organizational, time management and prioritization systems independently. Importantly, the ideal candidate will display exceptional customer service orientation via skills and attitude; tremendous accountability, flexibility and adaptability; capacity to multi-task; and a stellar work ethic.
Minimum of three to five years of increasingly responsible administrative or project management experience preferred. Experience formatting in Microsoft Office strongly preferred. Experience with social media and web site maintenance preferred.
Reference Number: 40-28220
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Job Family: A-General/Professional Administrative