Trade Skills Instructors Temporary Pool (Plumbing, Electrical & more)
Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: Trade Skills Instructors Temporary Pool (Plumbing, Electrical & more)
Department: Community Education
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: Assignments will be conducted at CCAC West Hills Center or at company locations within the Greater Pittsburgh Area. Must have prior applicable teaching experience and daytime availability.
Job Category: Adjunct/Faculty
Employment Type: Adjunct Part-Time
General Summary: Looking for persons that have expertise in one or more of these areas: Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Electrical, Mechanical, Blueprint Reading, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, ISO, Lean Manufacturing, OSHA/Safety, PLCs, Plumbing and Piping, Six Sigma, SPC basic and advanced, Tool Usage, and Welding.
Requirements: Applicants for Instructor teaching assignments are expected to have strong communication skills. Expertise in the subject area to be taught and knowledge of industry-related software and systems.
1. Adjunct instructors will teach customized courses of shorter- or longer-term contracts for corporations in the Greater Pittsburgh area.
2. Instructor will be expected to: instruct students, complete classroom paperwork and return it to CCAC in a timely manner, complete syllabus, course outline and handouts, if used.
3. May also be required to consult with company to customize the course to customer's specifications.
4. Instructor must have expert knowledge in subject area and excellent communications skills.
5. Experience in teaching required.
6. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearance: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=92