Occupational Therapy Instructor (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)
Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: Occupational Therapy Instructor (Reg FT 10 month, with benefits)
Department: Allied Health
Campus: Boyce Campus
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 26, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. This is a regular full-time tenure-track 10 month position with benefits.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Salary Grade: Per Contract
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech/Academic Advisor
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 2459
Job Open Date: 3/9/2018
Job Close Date:
General Summary: The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Requirements: Master's degree in occupational therapy, education, science or related field awarded by an institution that is accredited by a regional or national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Current NBCOT certification and PA OT License or eligible for PA OT License. Minimum three years of documented experience in the field of occupational therapy. Preferred experience in pediatric or mental health practice. This experience must include clinical practice and understanding and experience with occupational therapy assistants. Community college teaching experience preferred. Must be knowledgeable about methods of instruction, testing and assessment of students and knowledgeable concerning current national curricula, national accreditation, and national certification. Must be willing to coordinate clinical education with didactic education; evaluate and ensure the effectiveness of the affiliate clinical sites; and organize, administer, review, and develop the effectiveness of the clinical experiences for students. Must have current Healthcare Provider certification in CPR/AED. Must have personal transportation and be willing to travel to clinical affiliate sites.Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
- The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
- Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
- Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
- Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
- Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
- Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
- Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
- Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
- Maintain five office hours each week.
- Support the college's goals.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=135