Assistant Professor of Law and Paralegal Studies and Director of the Paralegal Program
Assistant Professor of Law and Paralegal Studies and Director of the Paralegal Program (Fall 2018)
Position Number: 53000508
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Gainesville
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Law and Paralegal Studies and Director of the Paralegal Program in the Mike Cottrell College of Business. The Mike Cottrell College of Business is an AACSB accredited business school offering programs on four campuses in the North Georgia region. The Paralegal Program is accredited by the American Bar Association and offered in the evening on the Gainesville campus. The program offers students entering the paralegal field an expertise in legal office management and coursework related to the requisite legal skills vital to a paralegal.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Assistant Professor of Law and Paralegal Studies and Director of the Paralegal Program
- Teach paralegal (evenings), legal environment, and business law courses
- Engage with the business/professional/legal community to build partnerships and deliver innovative paralegal programs.
- Coordinate with the MCCB marketing director to execute paralegal marketing initiatives.
- Interact with current and prospective paralegal students to enhance their paralegal studies experience.
- Maintain and strengthen connections with MCCB paralegal alumni; Expand and manage program enrollments.
- Work with faculty to develop and sustain quality paralegal programs
- Prepare and recommend annual MCCB paralegal budget.
- Remain competent in and aware of best paralegal education practices and learning technologies; Implement policies and procedures to meet accreditation criteria;
- Teach 4/3 course load.
- Serve as the advisor for paralegal students
- Engage in scholarly activity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate knowledge of developments in paralegal education and demonstrate commitment to continued professional growth.
- Requires the ability to engage with the business/professional/legal community and successfully administer a program.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Must have Juris Doctorate at the time of appointment.
- Experience teaching legal studies/business law at the university level in the U.S. and the ability to work collaboratively with all campus constituencies.
- Must have substantive and continuous experience working in the legal profession or a record of relevant scholarship.
Anticipated Hire Date: 08/01/2018
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts
Special Instructions to Applicants: If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.
More searches like this
- Education Program Administration jobs in C-Level & Executive Directors
- Educational Administration & Leadership Program Administration jobs in C-Level & Executive Directors
- Professional Fields Program Administration jobs in C-Level & Executive Directors
- Business & Management Program Administration jobs in C-Level & Executive Directors
- Law & Legal Studies Program Administration jobs in C-Level & Executive Directors