Position Number T99812
Position Classification Title Purchasing Specialist
Functional Title Purchasing Assistant
Position Type Temporary Staff
Position is located in Kannapolis, NC.
The position is expected to support the Center through purchasing of laboratory supplies, online purchase requisitions, reconciliation of purchasing transactions, coordination of deliveries to the laboratory, communication to vendors, maintenance of updated chemical inventory, and coordinate chemical and biological waste pick up and delivery.
BACHELOR'S DEGREE; OR ASSOCIATE'S DEGREE AND TWO YEARS OF RELATED EXPERIENCE; OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE. ALL DEGREES MUST BE RECEIVED FROM APPROPRIATELY ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS.
Experience with e-procurement system and reconciliation of accounts; previous working experience at a higher education learning institution.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range $16.00
Org #-Department Translational Biomedical Research - 13403
Work Hours of Position 9:00 A.M. - 12: 00 P.M. M - F
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Contributing
Open Date 03/19/2018
Close Date 04/19/2018
Job Close Date
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- 8 or more years
- 7 years
- 6 years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Please indicate how you learned of this vacant position for which you are applying:
- NCAA Arts
- Arts Council of the African Studies Association
- Professional Job Board
- Social Media
- UNCGjobsearch website
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Which of the following options best describes your education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Associate's Degree
- 3 years of college coursework
- 2 years of college coursework
- 1 year of college coursework
- less than 1 year of college coursework
- High School Diploma or GED
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu