Working Title: Data Analyst
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Emergency Medicine
Posting Date: 03-16-2018
The Department of Emergency Medicine at the University of Virginia is seeking a highly skilled and dynamic individual to be a data analyst. Incumbent is essential to data analytics and providing support to the Emergency Medicine Research Office and other departmental operations. Incumbent collects, compiles, analyzes, and summarizes data. He or she determines reporting needs to support quality improvement, research data registries, and protocols. Compiled relevant data may lead to presentation and publication opportunities both within UVA and nationally. Incumbent oversees projects at a variety of levels and supports Emergency Medicine's cross-departmental collaborations. He or she may be responsible for the assembly of teams, development of project schedules and work plans in accordance with protocols.
Bachelor's degree in statistics, business management, computer science, data analysis, healthcare, or related fields is required. Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Qualified candidates must have at least six months of experience working with data, database systems, or business or healthcare based analytics experience; time as a student researcher or analysts may be considered. A minimum of two years of experience working in a healthcare environment and/or data management of healthcare based data and database systems is preferred.
This is a restricted position and is contingent on continuation of funds.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to evaluate and apply information and provide advice.
2. Working knowledge of data management. Ability to analyze and present information.
3. Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication in daily interactions. Ability to clearly articulate specific information.
4. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Provide direct support to leaders as well as lead discussions, groups, and projects, as needed. Complete tasks without immediate supervision.
5. Proficient in computer applications, working knowledge of various database and software programs. Can interpret information and apply to daily work.
6. Grasp the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84118