Chamber Music Coordinator
The University of Colorado Boulder College of Music seeks an established and active artist-performer and chamber musician for a new faculty position encompassing the role of Chamber Music Coordinator (CMC). Rank is instructor or senior instructor, based on qualifications, and the position will be filled at a half- to three-quarter-time level (0.50-0.75 FTE), depending on teaching duties. Teaching duties may include applied lessons, coaching ensembles, and/or offering appropriate classes. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Full benefits including health, dental, and retirement are included.
The CMC will provide broad oversight for the College of Music's instrumental chamber music program, coordinating activities in collaboration with faculty colleagues in the following areas: brass, percussion, piano, strings (including guitar and harp), and woodwinds.
The CMC will:
- Finalize the formation of groups/coaches and repertoire.
- Implement annual or semiannual chamber music placement auditions and/or reading sessions.
- Establish coaching, rehearsal, and performance times.
- Create a central chamber music syllabus and standardize expectations around chamber music registration.
- Expand collaboration among the involved areas (more mixed ensemble chamber music).
- Nurture, develop and maintain relationships with all appropriate faculty to further the quality of chamber music offerings.
- Establish a chamber music performance class (on par with studio classes), to include guest artists when appropriate.
- Establish the selection process for one or more chamber music showcase concerts per year.
- Participate in the coordination of chamber music outreach activities, in collaboration with appropriate faculty and staff colleagues (and specific programs, such as the Entrepreneurship Center for Music).
- Participate in student recruitment.
- Liaise with the Music Library in developing collections in chamber music.
- Participate in faculty chamber music performances.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess a substantial performance resume, with a demonstrable focus on chamber music, previous teaching experience in a college or university setting, and excellent organizational and communications skills. A master's degree in music is strongly preferred; candidates with a bachelor's degree and a significant track record of professional activities may be considered.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Screening of applications will begin on April 9, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Required application materials include a cover letter specifically addressing this position, CV, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Recordings and/or other materials may be requested at a later time.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10362 - College of Music
Posting Date: Mar 16, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Position Number: 00612111