Student Services Assistant
This position will provide direct administrative, operational, and program support to the Office of the Dean of Students (DOS) and the Office of Institutional Equity (OIE). This individual will staff the reception area and serve as the first point of contact for both offices. The position will be a key part of the intake system that provides opportunity for campus community members to report issues of concern as they relate to the care and safety of the UCCS community, including, but not limited to: student behavioral concerns, discrimination or harassment, sexual assault, and/or relationship violence. This position will document all reported issues and safety concerns, as well as maintain all investigation records and student disciplinary files.
At the direction of the Dean of Students and/or the Director of Institutional Equity, this position will assist in addressing the needs of students, faculty, and staff who report concerns to either office through intervention, referrals, and follow up services. When necessary, this individual will support training and outreach programs.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for reporting student distress or behavioral concerns, discrimination or harassment, sexual assault, and/or relationship violence, and documenting all reports in appropriate databases.
- Provide appropriate assistance or referrals for student complaints and concerns, and answer procedural and general information inquiries from the campus community.
- Provides resource coordination, as directed, for students of concern or individuals involved in an investigation, including outreach, advocacy, assistance in accessing resources, and navigating the university system.
- Work with the Dean of Students and Director of Institutional Equity to maintain University policies and procedures for related areas, and maintaining accurate links on websites for each.
- Be familiar with University polices relating to Discrimination and Harassment, Sexual Misconduct, Student Conduct, and Student Response Team (SRT).
- Schedule investigation interviews, student conduct meetings, and other appointments as needed.
- Draft correspondence, including: Outreach Emails, Notice of Investigation, Evidence Review, Conduct Meeting Notification, Conduct Meeting Outcome, and others as directed.
- Draft internal memo's on informal matters.
- Maintain disciplinary records for DOS with appropriate attention to security, confidentiality, and reporting requirements (e.g.,Clery Act).
- Maintain formal and informal investigation records for OIE, including investigation plans and timelines, and departmental process, response, follow-up, and outcome with appropriate attention to security, confidentiality, and reporting requirements (e.g., Clery Act, SaVe).
- Conducting disciplinary record investigations for United States Office of Personnel Management and student transfer applications.
- Provide budgetary and financial support to DOS and OIE.
- Provide additional administrative support for DOS and OIE as assigned.
- Work collaboratively across campus to support training programs, awareness-raising campaigns, and outreach efforts.
- Support and/or conduct policy related trainings for students and employees.
- Support development of social media and web content, as needed for DOS and OIE.
- Participate in UCCS committees as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, and coordinate numerous detailed programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work positively as part of a team, often during time critical and crisis situations.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fluid environment, with frequent interruptions, and provide timely response to meet the needs of the campus community.
- Ability to respond effectively to requests for advocacy, inquiries, or complaints.
- Strong work ethic.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with and for diverse, multicultural populations.
- An understanding of, and sensitivity to, the complexities of experiencing sexual harassment and sexual assault.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Suite products with emphasis in Excel.
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software (experience working with PeopleSoft and Oracle).
- Demonstrate cultural competency.
- Possess a collaborative interactive style to work collegially with faculty, students, peers, volunteers, and community leaders.
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
$38,000 - $42,000 annual salary
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, or in lieu of Bachelor's Degree, 4+ years of professional experience in an educational environment, or a combination of both totaling 4 years.
- 1 year professional or para-professional (ie. graduate assistant) experience in higher education, customer service, or administrative support.
- Experience with student conduct or workplace investigations.
- 2+ years' experience in Higher Education at a professional level.
- Expertise in social media, graphic design, and/or website maintenance.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by April 2, 2018 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40356 - VCSS-Dean of Students
Posting Date: Mar 16, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Ralph Giese
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00743683