Employee Relations Representative 4
8AM - 5PM
Commensurate with Experience
Technical leader who provides guidance to all levels within the organization, utilizing specialized employee relations expertise within area of responsibility to resolve questions, concerns, and grievances for a large, complex group of employees in creative and effective ways. Provides advanced professional advice and counsel to management on employee relations issues and employee engagement efforts and projects in support of a high-performance workplace. Internal and external contacts often pertain to significant employee relations programs and objectives. Advises supervisors regarding employee performance management and corrective actions, including discipline and dismissal actions, conduct of investigations and management of complaints and grievances. Normally, receives little direction on assignments. Works on employee relations matters that are the most diverse and complex in scope and where analysis of data and situations requires evaluation of many factors and implications with broad impact on the organization. **Please note: This position is designated as a Career Ladder recruitment, which means the hiring department can recruit and fill this role at different levels within the position classification series. Therefore, this position is currently posted as Employee Relations Representative 3 (201803087704) and Employee Relations Representative 4 (201803087724). Applicants are encouraged to review both positions to determine the best match to your skills. All applicants will be assessed based on the minimum requirements for the recruitment for which they applied. If you wish to be considered in both pools or are unsure, please apply for both positions.
Demonstrated skills to provide guidance to managers and employees on complex and significant employee relations issues.
Has advanced knowledge of union/labor contracts.
Has advanced knowledge of organization policies and procedures; advanced knowledge of functional area and understands how work impacts other areas in Human Resources and the organization.
Exercise excellent judgment in responding to employee relations-related requests.
Effective written and oral communication skills.
Demonstrated success in administering performance management systems and mentoring managers on the process of evaluating performance.
Has advanced knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Advanced knowledge of employee relations function and other subject areas of human resources .
Capable in developing, interpreting, implementing and administering organization -wide human resources policies and processes.
Demonstrated ability to handle extremely difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively.
Advanced organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations
Demonstrates skills and abilities in leading management in the areas of conflict and change management.
Understanding of the principles related to management, supervision and leadership to provide expert level advice and counsel.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview