Salary: $36,600 - $72,200
Title: Communications Specialist
Category: Management and Professional
Department: SOM - Dean's Office
Date Posted: 03/16/2018
Position Information: The Communications Specialist will assist with the production, graphic design and layout for a variety of publications, printed collateral, visual media, presentations, web site applications and social media platforms. Will consult with clients as necessary to write and/or edit materials for a variety of publications for internal and external audiences. Assists with the production of articles, press releases, profiles, briefings, blogs, collateral and/or other written material for the School of Medicine.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Skills in collaboration to best meet project goals and objectives of clients.
Working knowledge of production processes and vendor requirements for a variety of products.
Skills to effectively produce visual materials that meet and satisfy the needs of the client.
Working knowledge of applicable publishing software applications.
Interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with a variety of clients, support staff and vendors.
Working knowledge of databases for desktop publishing and image storage.
Ability to manage storage of and to manipulate photo/video assets for digital and print purposes.
Knowledge of social media platforms and digital content strategy.
Skills to write clear, lively, engaging and compelling copy in a variety of styles appropriate to target audiences and/or the broader public for both web and printed collateral, while ensuring adherence to the organization's message.
Attention to detail, project management and organizational skills.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Working knowledge of applicable computer applications for image handling and/or web production.
Experience in web publishing using a content management system.
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with Acquia Cloud Site Factory Management System.
Experience using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and PhotoShop.
Understanding of the dynamics of printing publications both in house and at the institutional level.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview