Employee Relations Representative 3
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Title: Employee Relations Representative 3
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Human Resources
Date Posted: 03/16/2018
Position Information: As a seasoned, experienced professional, with a comprehensive understanding of employee relations, resolves a variety of complex employee relations issues in imaginative and practical ways. Advises and counsels management and client groups to resolve questions, concerns and grievances for a mid to large size group of employees. Provides professional advice and counsel on employee relations issues and employee engagement efforts and projects in support of a high-performance workplace. Exercises judgment and professional discretion, relying on experience within the field, to determine the appropriate course of action. **Please note: This position is designated as a Career Ladder recruitment, which means the hiring department can recruit and fill this role at different levels within the position classification series. Therefore, this position is currently posted as Employee Relations Representative 3 (201803087704) and Employee Relations Representative 4 (201803087724). Applicants are encouraged to review both positions to determine the best match to your skills. All applicants will be assessed based on the minimum requirements for the recruitment for which they applied. If you wish to be considered in both pools or are unsure, please apply for both positions.
Minimum Requirements: Thorough knowledge of union/labor contracts.
Has in-depth knowledge of organizational policies and procedures; knowledge of functional area and understands how work impacts other areas.
Demonstrated ability to handle very difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively.
Thorough knowledge of employee relations practices and programs.
Applies employee relation-specific concepts and skills.
Has thorough knowledge of other areas of HR.
Provides employee relations related support to assigned client groups.
Organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Has skills associated with conflict resolution.
Effective written and oral communication skills.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview