Compensation Program Manager
Position Summary- Compensation Program Manager
The Compensation Program Manager is a senior lead, subject-matter expert, and key resource for Western Governors University's (WGU) compensation programs. This position will work in collaboration within the People and Talent organization as well as other areas of WGU to provide program management, design input, data analysis and support project goals and deliverables to meet business needs and future growth.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities-
• Applies expert knowledge in the discipline of compensation and collaborates with the Vice President of Total Rewards and the Senior Manager P&T IS and Operations on a variety of projects, including program design, analysis, budgeting, and implementation of new programs.
• Administration of compensation programs, including annual compensation planning, off-cycle adjustments and bonus cycles. Acts as a technical advisor.
• Conducts compensation surveys and market analyses and prepare/present findings and recommendations.
• Conducts position audits, analyzes and evaluates jobs concerning appropriate classification and pay level, and may advise and assist with developing and revising job descriptions.
• Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements. Collaborates with Vice President Total Rewards and People and Talent Business Partners to educate managers and leadership.
• Works with P&T IS staff to ensure that the HCM system meets compensation needs and is updated to reflect changes to salary structures, bonus programs, etc.
• Communicates compensation programs.
• Works with People and Talent Business Partners and other WGU leaders with analysis, information and compensation-related matters.
• Works closely with other team members to brainstorm, strategize and complete ad hoc requests creatively, effectively and efficiently.
• Design and delivery of metrics, reporting, and dashboard analytics to support People and Talent and WGU in data-driven decision-making.
• Provides strategic analysis of workforce data to help drive informed decisions internally and across WGU.
• Helps maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and auditing data.
• Advanced knowledge and user of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
• Expert knowledge of importing and verifying data for use in reports, spreadsheets, graphs, and/or flow charts.
• Effective listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, time management, and customer service skills.
• Work effectively in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities and rapid change.
• Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentially.
• Business Acumen.
• Critical Evaluation.
• Ethical Practice.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field. Professional compensation certification.
• 7+ years of experience specifically in compensation analysis, administration and design; 2+ years of human resources experience.
• Experience working within a database, HRIS/HCM system.
• Knowledge of general human resources and comprehensive compensation designs, practices, policies, and procedures.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States